free 64 bit Audio Analyzer like "s(m)exoscope"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
junqueira

free 64 bit Audio Analyzer like "s(m)exoscope"

Post by junqueira » Sat May 09, 2015 4:31 pm

http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=4

s(m)exoscope is not 64 bit...Any 64 bit free audio analyzer plug ins that you would recommend?

Stromkraft

Re: free 64 bit Audio Analyzer like "s(m)exoscope"

Post by Stromkraft » Sat May 09, 2015 4:47 pm

junqueira wrote:http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=4

s(m)exoscope is not 64 bit...Any 64 bit free audio analyzer plug ins that you would recommend?
What kind of display and what kind of analysis do you need? "Audio analyzer" is a broad concept and you already have Spectrum in Live working fine. I'm using Melda MMultiAnalyzer which has a Spectrum Analyzer, a Sonogram, a Collision display and a waveform Loudness display much like s(m)exoscope and is typically used on multiple tracks. Well worth the investment. It's on sale now and then.

One free alternative for multitrack analysis is Voxengo Span, but it's more messy to set up than MMultiAnalyzer and doesn't have a real time waveform display like s(m)exoscope. Worth to check out though as it's free.
Make some music!

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Sat May 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
junqueira wrote:http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=4

What kind of display and what kind of analysis do you need? "Audio analyzer" is a broad concept and you already have Spectrum in Live working fine. I'm using Melda MMultiAnalyzer which has a Spectrum Analyzer, a Sonogram, a Collision display and a waveform Loudness display much like s(m)exoscope and is typically used on multiple tracks. Well worth the investment. It's on sale now and then.

One free alternative for multitrack analysis is Voxengo Span, but it's more messy to set up than MMultiAnalyzer and doesn't have a real time waveform display like s(m)exoscope. Worth to check out though as it's free.
I have MAnalyzer (free plug in, not the Multi). I'm looking for waveform visuals like s(m)exoscope

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat May 09, 2015 5:37 pm

junqueira wrote:
I have MAnalyzer (free plug in, not the Multi). I'm looking for waveform visuals like s(m)exoscope
I'm assuming you're on the Mac? You can see what other plug-ins that get suggested, but to the best of my knowledge there is only the MMultiAnalyzer that has this capability. At least I couldn't find any alternatives last november.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sat May 09, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Sat May 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
junqueira wrote:
I'm assuming you're on the Mac? You can see what other plug-ins that get suggested, but to the best of my knowledge there is only the MMultiAnalyzer that has this capability. At least I couldn't find any alternatives last september.
Yep, I'm on mac...thanks for the input buddy!

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Sun May 10, 2015 12:57 am

A full version of Scope, from the Vengeance producer suite was given away in one of the last Computer Music mags (#216), you could get it and a bunch of other stuff by buying a digital copy for like $5. Scope is a combo waveform/spectrum/stereo field analyzer, looks pretty good from my so far limited use of it. Very similar to s(m)exoscope, though with some extra options like transient detection.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun May 10, 2015 8:01 am

antarktika wrote:A full version of Scope, from the Vengeance producer suite was given away in one of the last Computer Music mags (#216), you could get it and a bunch of other stuff by buying a digital copy for like $5. Scope is a combo waveform/spectrum/stereo field analyzer, looks pretty good from my so far limited use of it. Very similar to s(m)exoscope, though with some extra options like transient detection.
Great tip!
Make some music!

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sun May 10, 2015 3:08 pm

If you have Max4Live, there are several available. Go to http://www.maxforlive.com and search for "oscilloscope". They're pretty basic and of course, only usable within Live, but they might be suitable depending on your needs.

--
Moose
"all the musical ability of a blocked nostril"

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:30 pm