iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by Homebelly » Mon May 11, 2015 3:06 am

I'm looking to get a sound card/interface that is iPad and laptop friendly.
USB or thunderbolt.. OS X and IOS8..

I would like to be able to plug my guitar into the interface, run it through the iPad,then back the interface/sound card and then into the computer..
Is there such a thing, or am i looking at two interfaces.. one for the iPad and one for the computer?

Cheers..
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud




Tarekith
Posts: 17313
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by Tarekith » Mon May 11, 2015 5:40 am

I don't think you're going to be able to run to both the iPad and the the computer at the same time. The only one that MIGHT be able to do it is possibly the iConnect Audio 4+, but I'd check with them to make sure. Usually with a soundcard you can only connect to one host at a time.

Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by Homebelly » Mon May 11, 2015 6:45 am

Tarekith wrote:I don't think you're going to be able to run to both the iPad and the the computer at the same time. The only one that MIGHT be able to do it is possibly the iConnect Audio 4+, but I'd check with them to make sure. Usually with a soundcard you can only connect to one host at a time.
i was fearing this might be the case..

maybe an audio interface into the i pad and then this https://audre.io from there..
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Tarekith
Posts: 17313
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by Tarekith » Mon May 11, 2015 8:04 am

I'd probably use the sound card with the computer, and then use that app to send stuff from Live to the iPad and back.

h3rtz
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:35 am
Location: Beijing

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by h3rtz » Mon May 11, 2015 8:09 am

This could be possible using audiomux on mac and a standard audio interface. Audiomux lets your ipad be recognized by live as an audio interface. Since live can only handle one audio inerface at the time you have to use the aggregate interface function in osx to consolidate the two interfaces into one virtual one.

Hervé
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:13 am
Contact:

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by Hervé » Mon May 11, 2015 1:39 pm

h3rtz wrote:This could be possible using audiomux on mac and a standard audio interface. Audiomux lets your ipad be recognized by live as an audio interface. Since live can only handle one audio inerface at the time you have to use the aggregate interface function in osx to consolidate the two interfaces into one virtual one.
Audreio stream directly within the audio unit, no need to aggregate anything.

h3rtz
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:35 am
Location: Beijing

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by h3rtz » Mon May 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Hervé wrote:
h3rtz wrote:This could be possible using audiomux on mac and a standard audio interface. Audiomux lets your ipad be recognized by live as an audio interface. Since live can only handle one audio inerface at the time you have to use the aggregate interface function in osx to consolidate the two interfaces into one virtual one.
Audreio stream directly within the audio unit, no need to aggregate anything.
thats an interesting option, though a bit costly maybe.

did you try it? is it stable?

Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by Homebelly » Tue May 12, 2015 1:13 am

15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

joeyfivecents
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: Augusta, GA USA
Contact:

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by joeyfivecents » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:37 am

Yes. The iConnectivity Audio4+ is the one. You can run 2 hosts with it. Sometimes I run Live and an iPhone at the same time, processing audio through moog filtatron or Samplr then back into Live. Sometimes I run FL Studio on windows pc and Live on the mac at the same time. The cool thing is that it has 4 outputs so I can also use the Kaoss Pad with this setup. It also has standard midi connections and a usb midi connection. It's amazing what you can do with this thing. And for what it does (no other interface can do this) it's surprisingly cheap. Oh and the preamps sound great.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Fender Jaguar, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

kevinboyle
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by kevinboyle » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:35 am

joeyfivecents wrote:Yes. The iConnectivity Audio4+ is the one. You can run 2 hosts with it. Sometimes I run Live and an iPhone at the same time, processing audio through moog filtatron or Samplr then back into Live. Sometimes I run FL Studio on windows pc and Live on the mac at the same time. The cool thing is that it has 4 outputs so I can also use the Kaoss Pad with this setup. It also has standard midi connections and a usb midi connection. It's amazing what you can do with this thing. And for what it does (no other interface can do this) it's surprisingly cheap. Oh and the preamps sound great.
Looking for a way to route audio from Live to Samplr then back to Live. is iconnectivity the missing link? Are there any other options?

scheffkoch
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by scheffkoch » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:30 am

...i do this with studiomux + audiobus...runs flawless!...
macbook pro late 2016, osx 10.13.6, rme multiface via sonnet thunderbolt expresscard adapter + thunderbolt to usb-c adapter, ableton live 10.0.1, push 2, komplete 9, maschine 2.7.6, touchable

kevinboyle
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: iPad and computer friendly sound card..

Post by kevinboyle » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:05 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...i do this with studiomux + audiobus...runs flawless!...
Can you explain? I have both of those but can't seem to get it working.

Post Reply