How do you route slices from drum rack through rewire?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
1j1

Post by 1j1 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Hey,

In either the mixer view or the instrument rack view, the "Audio To" is blank, so there's not even any options to choose from to send out audio from individual slices from the drum rack. If I click on it then it just says "no commands available".

All I want to do is send each individual slice to a corresponding Rewire track in Logic that I've setup. I have the option to send other tracks/not-slices to Logic's rewire, but can't send the slices.

I've looked around online too, no apparent, overt solutions provided that I've come across.

If you could tell me how, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

1j1

Re: How do you route slices from drum rack through rewire?

Post by 1j1 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Anyone?

Steve Glen

Post by Steve Glen » Fri May 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Routing options are available for nested drum racks so a possible workaround is to rack up all the chains of your drum rack. This should preserve the drum rack on the outer layer and the note-to-simpler chain that was originally construcfed for each sample.

If these Outs dont give the option of your rewire, then send them to a new audio track first before routing to the rewire. Hopefully that is not required because otherwise you might require a lot of extra audio channels.

ImNotDedYet

Post by ImNotDedYet » Fri May 15, 2015 4:21 pm

First of all, you need to route the individual pads in your drum rack to its own audio track. Create a new audio track in Live, set the Audio From to your Drum Rack and it's pad. You can choose pre-fader, etc. here.

Once you have that, re-wiring shouldn't be a problem, at least it hasn't been for me with S1.

1j1

Post by 1j1 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:34 pm

Steve Glen wrote:Routing options are available for nested drum racks so a possible workaround is to rack up all the chains of your drum rack. This should preserve the drum rack on the outer layer and the note-to-simpler chain that was originally construcfed for each sample.

If these Outs dont give the option of your rewire, then send them to a new audio track first before routing to the rewire. Hopefully that is not required because otherwise you might require a lot of extra audio channels.
Ok, so I made some chains for the drum groups (kick, snare, high, etc) from the drum rack. There are NO output options on these chains, and I can't even seem to select them on a new audio track either.

What a fucking headache.

I don't understand why just having "audio to" on the drum slices isn't an option when using rewire. Would make things so much simpler. One of those: "why the fuck doesn't this obviously simple useful thing work the way that makes the most sense?!" moments.

1j1

Post by 1j1 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:36 pm

ImNotDedYet wrote:First of all, you need to route the individual pads in your drum rack to its own audio track. Create a new audio track in Live, set the Audio From to your Drum Rack and it's pad. You can choose pre-fader, etc. here.

Once you have that, re-wiring shouldn't be a problem, at least it hasn't been for me with S1.
And, with this slower option (compared to if you could just send audio to), I've set up individual audio tracks, set them to receive audio from the pads (audio from), BUT, even with that, it's not going through to logic's rewire??? What the hell?

Any advice?

1j1

Post by 1j1 » Sat May 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Anyone?

1j1

Post by 1j1 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:26 am

Anyone?