Making custom shortcuts to insert plugins / audio devices?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
jumo

Making custom shortcuts to insert plugins / audio devices?

Post by jumo » Fri May 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi there,

I have been thinking about this topic a lot and read in different forums, but never found an answer.
The thing I have in mind is the following - when I produce I have a few plugins that I use a lot (like some vst synths, eqs, filters or compressor). Because I like to work fast, it always takes a lot of time to put these plugins / effects on every track. Sometimes I have a filter or EQ on 20-30 tracks. I always have to go in the browser and find the plugin there.
It would be super helpful if there would be way, that I could just add the plugin with a shortcut. So for example I want to add an EQ to the track I have selected, I defined the shortcut (for instance cmd + e) to add a certrain eq and when I hit the combination that eq will be inserted into that track. I think you get what I mean :).

This would help me a lot, especially when it comes to mixing. So does any of you have an idea if this is possible? Maybe with Max4Live?
I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot!
Jules

rtcardinal

Re: Making custom shortcuts to insert plugins / audio devices?

Post by rtcardinal » Fri May 22, 2015 11:06 pm

You could put the EQ and Filter that you use on a track, set it the way you want, then turn them off. Then right click on the audio track and 'save as default audio track'. Then it'll be set up the way you like everytime you make one.

Another thing you can do is make a folder in 'places' and call it 'favorites' or something, load the plugins you use often, set them to the default settings you like, then drag the plugins to that folder. Then it's a click and a double click away to get those loaded on to a track. For VSTs and third party plugins, you'll have to contain them with a rack first before you can drag them to the folder.

jumo

Re: Making custom shortcuts to insert plugins / audio devices?

Post by jumo » Sat May 23, 2015 7:59 am

Thanks for that quick reply.
The second tip with the places folder was great, did not know that. This already helps a lot :)