Bome Midi Translator: Specific Midi Clip launch

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FelixButt

Bome Midi Translator: Specific Midi Clip launch

Post by FelixButt » Fri May 29, 2015 3:23 pm

Hey guys,

quick question: how do i tell Bome Midi Translator to trigger a specific midi clip in Ableton, for example the first clip in Scene 1 (and so on..) ?

Or even better (if possible): Is there any way i can tell Bome MT to create a certain note on a certain place in my piano roll ? For example a #C3 on beat 1.1.3 ?

Felix

savyurrecords

Re: Bome Midi Translator: Specific Midi Clip launch

Post by savyurrecords » Fri May 29, 2015 3:46 pm

You will need to 'hook' the midi clip by midi mapping the clip to a specific note. This will be done just in Ableton.

If you want to trigger a note at a specific time why not create a midi track in Ableton and programming the note in. Use the In/Out boxes to route this to the track/s that needs to be triggered

I am curious as to why you are uses Bome MT. It is a great tool but I am not sure you really need it here.

FelixButt

Post by FelixButt » Fri May 29, 2015 4:32 pm

savyurrecords wrote:
I am curious as to why you are uses Bome MT. It is a great tool but I am not sure you really need it here.
Im using Bome MT because my APC and Launchpad can't be in "remote on" mode at the same time, several encoders can't be used etc..

This is why i need to know how to "program" this in Bome MT :lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat May 30, 2015 11:53 am

FelixButt wrote:Hey guys,

quick question: how do i tell Bome Midi Translator to trigger a specific midi clip in Ableton, for example the first clip in Scene 1 (and so on..) ?

Or even better (if possible): Is there any way i can tell Bome MT to create a certain note on a certain place in my piano roll ? For example a #C3 on beat 1.1.3 ?

Felix
you should def look into clyphx. These are the kinds of things it does.
And if you feel adventurous you can combine clyphx and Bomes easily.

Also you need to understand what each tool does! Bomes translates any Midi signal into whatever other Midi signal you want it to be according to your rules/translators, but it can't trigger specific functions in Live unless they are directly Midi mappable.
This is where clyphx comes in. It has already written little helper scripts that you can string up to lists and that do pretty much everything in Live that can be scripted. These two can easily be linked up with each other by making some vitual Bomes MT port be the in port of the clyphx script in Lives Midi preferences tab.
Combining the two can give you inredible flexibility, for a rather shallow learning curve (compared to learning M4L or phyton coding for scripts)