Unlock Question (Nothing New I Guess!)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Myattmode

Unlock Question (Nothing New I Guess!)

Post by Myattmode » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:01 am

Hello,

I guess twice a year I like to carry out a fresh Windows installation on my laptop which recently included an SSD upgrade that makes a HUGE difference to the overall performance. After my latest fresh install I have reached the 'number of unlocks exceeded' message. I have contacted Ableton already about this but I am intrigued to know how long this process generally takes?

Secondly I find this very frustrating as I should be able to carry out fresh installations without this unlock threat hanging over me. I have paid good money for Ableton Live 9 Suite so I shouldn't be having to go through this tedious distraction.

Any replies are appreciated :-)

Myattmode

http://www.myattmode.com

Tarekith

Re: Unlock Question (Nothing New I Guess!)

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:06 am

Usually they get back to you in a day or two, though with it being a Sunday it might take a little longer. You can always ask them to reset your locks ahead of time if you know you're going to do a fresh install of everything. I do this a couple times a year as well and that's generally how I handle it to speed things up.

Myattmode

Post by Myattmode » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:09 am

Thank you for your prompt reply Tarekith - duly noted for any future fresh installs :wink:

Myattmode

Post by Myattmode » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:51 pm

A brief update. I raised the issue on Saturday afternoon and first thing on Monday morning I had an email stating my unlock limit had been reset :D