Simpler / Sampler Newbie Question in Ableton LITE

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Eighth_Wave

Simpler / Sampler Newbie Question in Ableton LITE

Post by Eighth_Wave » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Hey, so I have Ableton Lite 9 and I have a question about using Simpler. Basically, can it be set up to work "MPC style" at all, in the sense that I could play a key on the piano roll or on a hardware keyboard, and have different keys trigger different samples?

Say I sample 6 different bass notes; can I put each note on a different keyboard key or piano roll key like a hardware sampler? Or no?

Thanks!

empathy1

Re: Simpler / Sampler Newbie Question in Ableton LITE

Post by empathy1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi friend

You can accomplish this with sampler. simpler is usually used for single samples to be played on a scale; i personally use it for simple drum samples or anything single-shot.

you can ALSO accomplish this with the drum rack; by placing an instance of simpler on a corresponding drum pad, and editing each drum pads simpler to your liking.

however, the sampler instrument itself has more extensive effects routing.

MPC style though...i'd say i've gotten pretty close by using the drum rack method

hope this helps.

Eighth_Wave

Post by Eighth_Wave » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:30 am

Yes I'm pretty sure this answers my question perfectly and I'll try it out as soon as I can. Thank you!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:48 am

This could have changed, but I don't believe Lite comes with the ability to edit drum racks.