Files are Gone- Ableton live 9

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
DJourdan

Files are Gone- Ableton live 9

Post by DJourdan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:50 pm

I have been on live 9 recently and realized that all of the sounds, audio and midi effects, packs, samples and much more is GONE. Just GONE. :cry: :( :? It is been absolutley fine until now. The worst part is, there is no message saying "media files are missing". Please help. :oops:

H20nly

Re: Files are Gone- Ableton live 9

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:16 pm

It's probably the indexer. Maybe the table that stores the locations got interrupted and/or corrupted. I'd start by trying to get Live to re-index.

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:53 am

If you mean "gone" as in nothing shows up on the right hand side of the browser, make sure the search field (just above the browser) is empty. If there's an X in a circle on the right hand side of the search field, click that to clear it.

If you (perhaps inadvertently) entered something in the search field and nothing in the library matches, nothing will show up in the results pane on the right side.

--
Moose
"all the musical ability of a blocked nostril"

DJourdan

Post by DJourdan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:09 pm

Turns out all I had to do was restart the computer. sorry for the waste of time! should have done that first :lol: