Arrangement recording while playing midi clips

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
mzky

Arrangement recording while playing midi clips

Post by mzky » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:56 pm

I'm using session view to record and loop clips (using CLYPHX..). If I play the set, no problems, the track used to record clips are in auto monitoring, so I can hear what I play on the tracks and record/play clips automatically. I can also overdub easily.

The problem starts when I record the arrangement (to export my performance). I'm using a "total group" track to record everything.

But sometimes I can't hear what I'm playing in the tracks in auto monitoring (I can't understand why this doesn't happen always), and always I can't hear incoming midi notes while playing the clips in those tracks.

If I just don't record the arrangement everything is perfect and as expected... Maybe there's a better way to record my entire performance?

scheffkoch

Re: Arrangement recording while playing midi clips

Post by scheffkoch » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:39 am

...yep...it's a bug and several people (including me) hope they'll fix it asap... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=215094
macbook pro late 2018, osx 10.14.6, rme multiface via sonnet thunderbolt expresscard adapter + thunderbolt to usb-c adapter, ableton live 10.1.7, push 2, komplete 9, maschine 2.9.2, touchable

mzky

Post by mzky » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:26 am

So is there at least a free vst recorder for mac? (like voxengo wave recorder...)

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:43 am

???...the problem here is that you can't play an instrument while there is a clip playing in the same track...you can overdub (session record) but not play along...
macbook pro late 2018, osx 10.14.6, rme multiface via sonnet thunderbolt expresscard adapter + thunderbolt to usb-c adapter, ableton live 10.1.7, push 2, komplete 9, maschine 2.9.2, touchable