LPD8 problems

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
SynthGardel

LPD8 problems

Post by SynthGardel » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:01 pm

I downloaded a default mapping on my lpd8 which is 1.bottom rack (parameters mapped in Ableton) 2. top rack (Mapped) 3. an impulse drum set (Mapped) and 4. an extra stretch into a higher octave (Not mapped).
Since I downloaded it I'm not sure how to assign a midi control to it as if I try to do that with Midi-Key it only maps to the specific parameter (such as e.g one slider in EQ 8 but nothing in that position for the other effects).

Also when I shift octaves as in bottom rack and top, the bottom rack follows up the rack while the top stays an octave below, stuck where it started.

Any help:?>

silversurfer60

Re: LPD8 problems

Post by silversurfer60 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:26 pm

SynthGardel

Re: LPD8 problems

Post by SynthGardel » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:22 am

Tried it, but even after following the instructions to the end there seems to be no difference.

What's worse is that the CC controls of the pads only seem to be able to tap out and can't hold whatever they're mapped to. E.G Works well for tempo but not for enabling recording as it triggers it on and off on every press unless I hold.

Apparently the forum you linked says that the LPD8 now has support from Ableton, which it does, but I'm back to square one...

Cheers anyway!