Pre/Post Toggle issue in Drum Rack Sends.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
c7n

Pre/Post Toggle issue in Drum Rack Sends.

Post by c7n » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Possible Bug Found Ableton 9.1.9

I'm going through the process of setting up a new base template for myself and I noticed what I believe is an error with the Pre/Post Toggle settings for sends.

In all regular and group tracks the Pre/Post Toggle works perfectly fine.

However when you go into Drum Racks > create a send effect > assign those send effects to send to a Return Channel....

Then the Drum Rack Sends only send audio"Post" Fader Level, irregardless of the Global Pre/Post toggle setting. If they have their own Pre/Post Toggle I completely missed that in the documentation.

Let me know if this is expected functionality for some reason. A work around is to go to a slightly more complicated routing of creating separate tracks for each drum pad, but obviously it's better to just have the drum rack adhere to the Pre/Post Toggle settings... Or get their own settings if they don't already have them.

best,

Chris Winn

natecraypo

Re: Pre/Post Toggle issue in Drum Rack Sends.

Post by natecraypo » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:33 am

So, my wanting to know the same thing lead me to this forum post from... over a year ago...

... Did you ever manage to figure this one out?

_Ben

Post by _Ben » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:08 pm

I face the same problem on version 9.6.

techsmechs

Post by techsmechs » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:56 am

One workaround is to create return chain A that feeds its audio to another return chain B. Use the send on return chain A to your effects and make sure the volume for return chain A is always up. Then use the volume of return chain B as your "dry" volume. That way, the send from A is always prefader.