Easier way to fix tempo issues?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
sykora

Easier way to fix tempo issues?

Post by sykora » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi I'm Eric and I have a tempo problem when writing music. :D haha. Because of this, when fixing the notes, I will always have to highlight the entire right side (the unfixed part) and more it to the right a bit so I can solve the issue. Eventually, it gets ultra tiring to copy half the project, move it over, fix the left part's notes, and then move it back. Any ideas?

Further example of what I mean is that the tempo seems fine to me, but one of the phrases in my track ends before measure 17 and starts just too soon after with 3 notes serving as a downbeat (or is it called a leading tone? idk). Technically, the new phrase should start before measure 18, or does it honestly not even matter? It's like I need a measure that's only 2 beats instead of 4 like the rest of the track. Is my problem caused by using the left editor instead of the right? I honestly don't know what the difference is.

These sort of details make it hard for me to finish music. Bah.

Thanks, complete noob.

Re: Easier way to fix tempo issues?

Post by 102455 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:06 am

So you're playing this in live from a keyboard and not keeping in time with the metronome or a drum track?