Push 2 coming soon?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
BoddAH
Posts: 638
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by BoddAH » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Gylen wrote: Also, I wonder if the 30% rebate will be ongoing or if it's a short term offer...
Actually I remember reading that it is valid until May 2016 IIRC.

Tarekith
Posts: 17279
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Tarekith » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Here's a size comparison, with P1 on the left and P2 on the right:

Image

And here they are side by side, again with P1 on the left, P2 on the right.

Image

The pads on P2 are almost the same size it looks like to me, though they aren't as tall as the ones on P1. Maybe half the height.

In terms of legible, I personally could not use the P2 without the PSU most likely unless it was in a totally pitch black room. It really is very dim, especially the buttons. Sorry about the bad lighting in all the pics, it's a bit dark outside today.

BoddAH
Posts: 638
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by BoddAH » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:05 pm

Silly question. But if the pads now reflect the color of the clip/track. What happens if your track is actually bright green or bright red for instance? Doesn't this make the playing/recording notes or the playhead in Drum mode unreadable? :D

peeddrroo
Posts: 4767
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:25 pm
Location: France

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by peeddrroo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Gylen wrote:That and I'm concerned about the no power readability as my favoured option is lying on the couch with the Push and my laptop on the table. NEEDING to use a power supply would spoil that..
You'll need the power supply I'm afraid.
You can use Push 2 without it, but it's not a really enjoyable experience.
But then, I'd trade 10 Push 1 without power supply for one Push 2 with. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Tarekith
Posts: 17279
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Tarekith » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:21 pm

BoddAH wrote:Silly question. But if the pads now reflect the color of the clip/track. What happens if your track is actually bright green or bright red for instance? Doesn't this make the playing/recording notes or the playhead in Drum mode unreadable? :D
No, the greens and red of the pads if the track is that color is still a bit more muted than the active notes. Doesn't seem to be a problem at all, just tried it for you.

v00d00ppl
Posts: 1630
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:29 am
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks Tarekith.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

BoddAH
Posts: 638
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by BoddAH » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Tarekith wrote:
BoddAH wrote:Silly question. But if the pads now reflect the color of the clip/track. What happens if your track is actually bright green or bright red for instance? Doesn't this make the playing/recording notes or the playhead in Drum mode unreadable? :D
No, the greens and red of the pads if the track is that color is still a bit more muted than the active notes. Doesn't seem to be a problem at all, just tried it for you.
Thanks. I'm not surprised really. They think of everything. German engineering at its finest. :twisted:

Ubik
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Brussels

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Ubik » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm just being curious Tarekith but what will you do with your Push 1 ? Are you planning on keeping it and try to use both ?

Tarekith
Posts: 17279
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Tarekith » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:23 pm

BoddAH wrote: Thanks. I'm not surprised really. They think of everything. German engineering at its finest. :twisted:
Easy there, the head of the Push team is American :)

Tarekith
Posts: 17279
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Tarekith » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Ubik wrote:I'm just being curious Tarekith but what will you do with your Push 1 ? Are you planning on keeping it and try to use both ?
No idea yet. I have no desire to use both at once though, it really doesn't buy you anything. They both follow the same selections and what not, not really intended to be used side by side.

v00d00ppl
Posts: 1630
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:29 am
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:37 pm

Tarekith wrote:
BoddAH wrote: Thanks. I'm not surprised really. They think of everything. German engineering at its finest. :twisted:
Easy there, the head of the Push team is American :)

Maybe he should fix Volkswagen next (Comedic Snare Drum with a crash).

Can't wait to get my hands on push 2.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

mekanism1200
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by mekanism1200 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:30 pm

Looks like the prices are already dropping for the Push 1. $300 on craigslist now. Will probably go for cheaper in the coming weeks. I might consider having one again if I could get one for $250.

Ubik
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Brussels

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Ubik » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:38 pm

No idea yet. I have no desire to use both at once though, it really doesn't buy you anything. They both follow the same selections and what not, not really intended to be used side by side
Thanks. I'm undecided whether to keep it or not, i was thinking I could maybe use both with pxt-live or time and timbre on Push 1.

Buleriachk
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:52 am
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Contact:

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Buleriachk » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Just got an email saying my Push 2 has shipped, with a tracking number. Arrival date later today when it gets into the FedEx system.

Shift Gorden
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Oklahoma City
Contact:

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by Shift Gorden » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Buleriachk wrote:Just got an email saying my Push 2 has shipped, with a tracking number. Arrival date later today when it gets into the FedEx system.
Rock on! Mine should arrive tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out if my wife will notice that Push 2 has replaced the original Push..I really hope not.

Post Reply