Push 2 coming soon?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
graphixsounds

Push 2 coming soon?

Post by graphixsounds » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 pm

I heard through a bird that ableton will be releasing the Push 2 soon. Anyone else with more knowledge about this?

graphixsounds

Re: Push 2 coming soon?

Post by graphixsounds » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:19 pm

hoping its a bit smaller in size/lighter

koranek

Post by koranek » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:17 am

I originally hoped for something with a better feel. I wanted something that I could use in addition to my keyboard for melody and chords. I've never warmed to the feel. Resting a finger on a pad to sustain a note often causes false triggering or dropouts. Pressing down hard enough to prevent this doesn't feel natural for playing like a keyboard does. Tried lots of different settings, but nothing ever quite works.

Push is prefect for drumming, but not so much for melodic stuff.

Now if the pads were touch sensitive like the encoders, where just the slightest touch could be registered, then all off the velocity and power could be for the note attack, and just touching the pad would sustain the note.

And a better display?

Push 2.0?
https://soundcloud.com/johnkoranek

2020 27" iMac i9 10 core, 64G Ram, OS 10.15.7
Push 2
Novation SL MKIII
iConnectAudio 2+, iConnectMidi 4+
Live 11 Sweet

pinkpaint

Post by pinkpaint » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:08 am

I would imagine they are working on a new push for ableton 10 possibly but a push 2.0 soon is just unrealistic. I could see them create a push keyboard or something in the 9 release still but not a 2.0 of the controller..
thats just my opinion though

graphixsounds

Post by graphixsounds » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:33 pm

pinkpaint wrote:I would imagine they are working on a new push for ableton 10 possibly but a push 2.0 soon is just unrealistic. I could see them create a push keyboard or something in the 9 release still but not a 2.0 of the controller..
thats just my opinion though

well believe it. they're already inviting people to demo it

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Really hows that then?

Cheers
D

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Uh oh, better hold off on the Launchpad Pro..... :)

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:43 pm

If they put out a Push 2 before fixing Push (there are still a lot of things that do not work correctly- fixed length being one of them), that's it, I'm done with them. I'm sure they don't care but.....I'm selling anything that has to do with Ableton and I'm done. I mean it this time!
Roar!!!!
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:11 pm

I hope it includes a small XY joystick, top left corner, similar to ones you'd find on some MIDI keyboards to control pitch/modwheel CCs. Mappable.

And add all the fixes/missing controls they should and can implement with Push V1. Heh, that's gonna piss a whole bunch of people right off...I must admit I'll be mildly annoyed too. And then I'll buy it.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:24 pm

I heard it will be called Shove, because you know, when Push becomes Shove and all.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:41 pm

I hope not, they haven't anyway near reached the potential of the current controller.

bwax

Post by bwax » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Jeebus, I hope Push 2 isn't coming. Push 1 seems kind of... I don't know... not abandoned, but neglected maybe?

(Why do third party teams always come up with the coolest things for Live/Push via max4live and scripts? Should Ableton be stoked to add some of these things into Live itself? Seems strange to me. It's like Ableton starts things, gets bored, and hands it off to others to finish or improve. Just feels odd. IMO. Might even be okay with it if max4live wasn't such an unreliable _________ .)

What I would love is a keyboard product that complements Push with the same weight, black color, minimal lines, etc.

49 quality keys. Maybe a better LCD. Same knob style, but 4 on top and 4 directly below, like Racks. Touch strips. USB powered.

A set of 16 Push-style buttons across the top for step-sequencing drums and melodies, etc. Ability to hold down one of those buttons, hit a key on the keyboard, and it places that note in the sequence.

No faders please! No goofy XY touchpad please!

But that's just my personal wishlist. :D

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Ableton is still trying to add Session Overview to the APC Mini and APC Key 25..... :)

login

Post by login » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:52 pm

bwax wrote: What I would love is a keyboard product that complements Push with the same weight, black color, minimal lines, etc.

49 quality keys. Maybe a better LCD. Same knob style, but 4 on top and 4 directly below, like Racks. Touch strips. USB powered.

A set of 16 Push-style buttons across the top for step-sequencing drums and melodies, etc. Ability to hold down one of those buttons, hit a key on the keyboard, and it places that note in the sequence.

No faders please! No goofy XY touchpad please!

But that's just my personal wishlist. :D
Exactly my dream too, but with the XY pad to use tha XY pad Ableton puts on all VST's config view.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:52 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:I hope not, they haven't anyway near reached the potential of the current controller.
yeah, tell that to the APC40 lol. It fits the pattern with their hardware releases.
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection