Subpac chair back woofer for home and road production

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Subpac chair back woofer for home and road production

Post by beats me » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Brought up in the Richie Hawtin thread some may not bother reading

http://thesubpac.com

May be the answer to stopping noise complaints. :)

re:dream

Re: Subpac chair back woofer for home and road production

Post by re:dream » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:16 pm

I want.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 pm

i have a subpac s2 mounted behind the mesh back of my chair, with a bit of extra strapping. It is the best studio purchase i have made in ages. Immersive sub destruction silently delivered up my back like i'm standing next to a stack...no, it's better than that. It really works imo.
Highly recommended!
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:22 pm

dna598 wrote:i have a subpac s2 mounted behind the mesh back of my chair, with a bit of extra strapping. It is the best studio purchase i have made in ages. Immersive sub destruction silently delivered up my back like i'm standing next to a stack...no, it's better than that. It really works imo.
Highly recommended!

Sweet! So does it really isolate it enough so your neighbors won't complain? Seems like such an obvious solution that should have existed a long time ago.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:37 pm

This does seem possibly incredibly enjoyable. Not too expensive either.

Here's some more impressions from people:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... ubpac.html

dna598

Post by dna598 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:37 am

beats me wrote:Sweet! So does it really isolate it enough so your neighbors won't complain? Seems like such an obvious solution that should have existed a long time ago.
Not a case of isolation - there isn't any noise to speak of. It vibrates your back, but it feels like the universe is shaking. :D

but yeah, it's a great solution for massive subs and NO complaints. I even think it might be better than having a sub woofer in general.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:27 am

So it attaches to the chair and not your back, right? You need to be leaning hard against it for it to work?
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

db

Post by db » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:38 am

Check out http://basslet.de a small team in Berlin developing a tactile bass experience that doesn't make you look like a Ninja turtle. Also said to have higher definition for transients and feeling different pitches and dynamics in the bass.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:02 am

Tarekith wrote:So it attaches to the chair and not your back, right? You need to be leaning hard against it for it to work?
The one version, M1 I think, attaches to the back of your chair. The s2 straps onto you like a backpack, with a little interface that clips to your belt/pocket, similar to another brand who's name I forgot.

This thing and intense dramatic films...

Or better yet - the S2 combined with Valve and HTC's upcoming Vive VR headset...

dna598

Post by dna598 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:20 pm

db wrote: The one version, M1 I think, attaches to the back of your chair. The s2 straps onto you like a backpack, with a little interface that clips to your belt/pocket, similar to another brand who's name I forgot.
you got it exactly the wrong way round. M1 is the backpack one. S2 is the chair back.
Tarekith wrote:So it attaches to the chair and not your back, right? You need to be leaning hard against it for it to work?
not hard. just sit back. Let me stress sthat i have it BEHIND my chair. and not sitting in it as they show. It is flippin uncomfortable otherwise!

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:47 pm

dna598 wrote:
beats me wrote:Sweet! So does it really isolate it enough so your neighbors won't complain? Seems like such an obvious solution that should have existed a long time ago.
Not a case of isolation - there isn't any noise to speak of. It vibrates your back, but it feels like the universe is shaking. :D

but yeah, it's a great solution for massive subs and NO complaints. I even think it might be better than having a sub woofer in general.

Very cool. From what I’ve read it sounds like it fast tracks you to an emulation of speakers in the biggest venues, none of this subjective “like a quality stereo” bullshit. And it’s not just boom. You can really tell and adjust the mud in your low end accurately. I’m in! :)

I have a mesh back chair and it looks like there may be enough room between that and the plastic rear frame to slip it between the two. Are you running it Bluetooth or wired?

Post by 102455 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:18 pm

I can't help but think it must be odd to feel the bass but not hear it (once your speakers roll off).

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:35 pm

dna598 wrote:
not hard. just sit back. Let me stress sthat i have it BEHIND my chair. and not sitting in it as they show. It is flippin uncomfortable otherwise!
I was just curious because I use a sit stand desk, so I wasn't sure if it would work for me since I switch between the two modes a lot. Thanks though!
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

pedx1ng

Post by pedx1ng » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:43 am

beats me wrote:Brought up in the Richie Hawtin thread some may not bother reading

http://thesubpac.com

May be the answer to stopping noise complaints. :)
Forget Richie Hawtin, this is a legit endorsement:

https://youtu.be/rGkfEZk4t1M

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Hm. Ordered mine a couple days ago. The site said preorder and shipping in 2 weeks. Good thing I made a PDF copy of the site confirmation page because they never sent a confirmation email and they don’t have any kind of status update page on the site. They also already charged my card and I didn’t get a shipping confirmation email either. I’m not freaking out about it, and I know smaller companies aren’t always on top of web tech, but some communication would be nice. I’ll probably contact them Monday if I don’t hear/receive anything.