Roland MX-1 and Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Theo Void

Roland MX-1 and Live

Post by Theo Void » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Is anyone else integrating the ,x-1 with Live? I've had the mx-1 for a few months now and have been using it for a hardware setup. TR-8, BS2, RC-505, MICROBRUTE, Electribe, iPad. It's super fun but I'd love to record the results. Does anyone know if this is possible. There's not a lot of info out there on the mx1

Thanx

ambientidm

Re: Roland MX-1 and Live

Post by ambientidm » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:47 pm

use input 17/18

the levels coming from those outs are going to be very low however

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:16 pm

Why are they low?
Damn. I'm still trying to decide if I like this thing.

akm

Post by akm » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:52 am

Theo Void wrote:Is anyone else integrating the ,x-1 with Live? I've had the mx-1 for a few months now and have been using it for a hardware setup. TR-8, BS2, RC-505, MICROBRUTE, Electribe, iPad. It's super fun but I'd love to record the results. Does anyone know if this is possible. There's not a lot of info out there on the mx1

Thanx
Sorry, but... so what's preventing you from recording "the results"? Maybe you can provide some more detailed information about your question? Do you mean just to fed the mixed signal via usb connection to Live without using audio cables?

Dchild

Post by Dchild » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:32 am

The input level is low because its linked to the overall volume output.

The output it really high on my monitors so i have to turn down the volume, which lowers the input level.

Remember though, the recording is digital so it doesn't matter how low you record.

Simply use the utility device to increase volume.

http://therecordingrevolution.com/2014/ ... -your-daw/

danielkeenan

Post by danielkeenan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:14 pm

i know what you mean , when i try and record through the MX1 its far to low . when you put a different sample in from live its blows the ear drums off you . A utility does work but it has to be max'd out for it to bring it to the level of any sample i bring in . Surely there has to be a way around that a utility . cheers in advance

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:23 pm

Yeah it sucks that it has these different modes and you lose functionality or gain functionality in each mode. It's just a hardware mixer with step sequenced effects for me. Fun to play. I've recorded via audio cables into my interface.