Livid Minim looks very nice.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yur2die4

Livid Minim looks very nice.

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:18 pm

I'm trying not to spend money.... but the more I think about the features, the more tempting it becomes.

$150
8 pads
8 buttons
All colored
A touchstrip
Accelerometer
Bluetooth midi (so it must have its own power)
Very small/portable (size of phone)

So yes, very tempting. One of the first livid devices that has really gotten me interested (not that the knob one didn't look pretty awesome).

G-force

Re: Livid Minim looks very nice.

Post by G-force » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:09 pm

The size of a phone? Why not just use a phone then ? :? It seems kind of a waste of cash too me. There are so may controller apps available---some are even free. Not worth it, IMHO.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:27 pm

Well, it is still a midi controller, so it connects to something like Live very easily. It is hard to find a decent controller for 150 or less, much less one that has bluetooth.

The controller acts as an extension of software. Which is what all controllers do. You really don't need the phone or any midi controller either if you've already got a mouse.

The nicest part for me is that it easily connects to either Live, or many iOS apps. This would allow me to control one app with the controller, while using another app at the forefront. Then if I had a second device, that device could either run a third app, or use the new Audiobus control app for even more functionality in the first device.

It is just a midi controller like the abundance of other options. It's just that it has a few sleek features and is actually extremely portable.

snt

Post by snt » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Has anyone tried the Livid Minim with Live? I'm looking for a small controller with pads, this looks pretty interesting.