Headphone cue - Ableton 9 & Saffire Pro 14

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pob

Headphone cue - Ableton 9 & Saffire Pro 14

Post by Pob » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi, I'm new to both Ableton and the Saffire Pro 14 but hoping to use them for a dj gig next week and I just cannot get the cue function to work.
When I set master to 1/2 and cue to 3/4 (track outputs to Master, (jacks to amp are in outputs1/2)) both tracks play out through speakers and headphones, even when I plug headphones directly into output 3. Pressing the cue button on the track makes no difference. I'm assuming enabling the cue button on the track should route signal to the headphone out on Saffire??
When I set master out to 3/4 and and cue out to 1/2, only the track that I’ve cue-enabled will play - again through speakers and phones!!!
Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong? :(

Mariosprt

Re: Headphone cue - Ableton 9 & Saffire Pro 14

Post by Mariosprt » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:29 pm

It works great on my MOTU 828mk2 and I think I did it the same way.
I believe I saw something about the Saffire 14 headphone out being hard wired to the master 1/2 but it could be another Saffire.
Or it could be internal routing on the Saffire software, check it out.
It was a DJ Bolivia tutorial about DJing on his YouTube channel. Just look it up.

chrk

Re: Headphone cue - Ableton 9 & Saffire Pro 14

Post by chrk » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:50 am

Mariosprt wrote:I believe I saw something about the Saffire 14 headphone out being hard wired to the master 1/2 but it could be another Saffire.
Yes, that's another Saffire, it's 3/4 on the Saffire 14.
Pob wrote:I'm new to both Ableton and the Saffire Pro 14 but hoping to use them for a dj gig next week
Trying to get the ins and outs of both in a week is quite ambitious.

Look at: Ableton Forum • View topic - Cueing Audio