Alchemy now part of Logic Pro X

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
njh

Re: Alchemy now part of Logic Pro X

Post by njh » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:33 am

Wow thats a lot of new features. I hope they fixed the sluggish UI when dragging the mixer and resizing tracks.
Im downloading it now. :P

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:39 am

Sorry for logging in under the wrong account^^^
Anyways, the new UI for Alchemy is a real improvement over the last. I remember reading a post on this forum from some one predicting that apple bought out Camel Audio....nice prediction whoever you are ( or nice insider info). :D

I dont really like Logic's built in synths and I deleted all the content yesterday, but I am sure I will use this.
Logic really is the best deal out of all the daw's right now. :)
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:19 pm

After you update make sure to go to install additional content from the Logic Pro X menu. It will install 14GB more content for Alchemy. In the process I discovered I was missing about 47GB of content from Logic. 8O

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:41 pm

beats me wrote:After you update make sure to go to install additional content from the Logic Pro X menu. It will install 14GB more content for Alchemy
14GB? What, every Logic user now gets all the libraries that we mere peasants had to pay for individually? :evil:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:55 pm

I hope they do the same with the iOS version eventually, that's my go to synth on the iPad. Nice improvements on the desktop though, can't believe this was a free update for logic X users, nice surprise last night.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

granted

Post by granted » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:11 pm

I own Alchemy and it's friend Iris 2. These two synths have one thing in common: they both fill a niche that nobody really needed to be filled.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:53 pm

How so?
Tarekith

granted

Post by granted » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Tarekith wrote:How so?
Cynically I regard them both as "Sound Design" synths that are actually just ROMplers ... for me anyways.

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Well I kinda see where your coming from there granted as when I use alchemy I mostly start from preset. But all good 'romplers'/sample synths should allow for a good degree of flexibility in performance of the original sound and ability to drastically change original sounds imo. I have only ever owned 1 sample synth being the cs1x and back then after getting bored of the presets quickly hit a wall in terms of sound shaping and tweaking. This just doesn't happen with alchemy for me at least. Not all my alchemy tweak sessions end in something useable but it's much more than the lfo's and filters (in the traditional sense) that 'romplers' of the past offered.

Just reinstalled mainstage and seen that 3.2 is a freebie so I'm eager to check out the differences between this v2 mac product and my now old 1.5 pc product, and yes I bought a few sound libraries for this thing but missed quite a few of them also so getting them all free now is a massive bonus. 8)

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:35 am

I'm a big fan of Alchemy, so I'm really pleased with this!
What an amazing update. Can't wait to what they have in store with their ipad app, although the remote app built into Logic takes over the control of the synth and track pad fine.

pinkpaint

Post by pinkpaint » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:39 am

played around with it.. very enjoyable synth with pretty much something to add to every situation when it comes to sound creation.

Really enjoyed some of the ambient/glitchy drum kits as well.

too bad its in logic... which moves as slow as cement to an abletonian

I would love to see ableton create something similiar to alchemy. I dont need the transform pads or anything I just want all the synthesis types in one device. muahahaha its like going mad with power when loading your own samples into that thing.

Michael Gerard

Post by Michael Gerard » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:45 am

Confirmed that you -can- import your old sounds one by one... Don't see a way to import entire sound packs, though. Which is a drag, because I bought them all from Camel Audio and there are a ton of them...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:05 am

The sound packs aren't in the 14Gb download?
Tarekith

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:06 am

Tarekith wrote:The sound packs aren't in the 14Gb download?
Bits and pieces of them; a kind of "best of", but not everything.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 pm

beats me wrote:After you update make sure to go to install additional content from the Logic Pro X menu. It will install 14GB more content for Alchemy. In the process I discovered I was missing about 47GB of content from Logic. 8O
My main drive is a 256 gb ssd. I was thinking about doing the dvd drive mod and adding a 1tb hybrid ssd... until then I dont have the storage for all the extra content. I have some external hard drives but they run on usb 2.0 and are mainly used for time machine.

I have years worth of samples I made myself and I try to stay away from content unless its a real Instrument I.e. drums, piano. Nothing against those who use content.. Its there, and there and there is plenty of it. Some one should put all the content out there to good use.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.