Looper not deleting old loops

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tracy

Looper not deleting old loops

Post by tracy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:42 pm

I just installed Ableton on a new computer (Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Yosemite) and am seeing the oddest problem. Loopers is not deleting old loops!

For example, I record a loop and it works OK. I clear that loop, record another and it seems to record OK, but on playback I find that it recorded only the first bar or two. The rest of the loop is the previous recording?!?

Even though the Clear button clears appears to delete the loop (the orange bars are cleared) yet it retains it somewhere and screws up all loops that follow.

Has anyone see this type of behavior? I've not run into this one before.

To trouble shoot I deleted live, reinstalled, and created a new set. Same behavior!

marnix

Re: Looper not deleting old loops

Post by marnix » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi Tracy,

Do you use a controller with looper?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:52 pm

tracy wrote:I just installed Ableton on a new computer (Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Yosemite) and am seeing the oddest problem. Loopers is not deleting old loops!
haven't seen that problem, but the way you word it makes me wonder, have you checked for updates for the version of Live you're using?

also you just called it Ableton and moved on, what version of Live are you using?

romanw_85

Post by romanw_85 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:49 am

Hey there, it's over 5 years later, but I encountered the exact same thing as you. Crazy, that they still didn't fix this now even in version 10. Or has anyone a solution?