Korg M1 not showing in Ableton Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MarkZorin

Korg M1 not showing in Ableton Live

Post by MarkZorin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:30 am

Hi guys,
I have just started using the Ableton demo, and cannot get the Korg M1 I own to show in the plugins window.

I followed this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBle9iqdyw

...and successfully got the Effectrix plugin to appear. I just created a folder called 'VSTs' on my C drive and saved it to there. However after copying my Korg M1 folder to the same location, it doesn't show up in Ableton. I've tried with the whole folder in there and also just the M1.dll file in there.

Can you not use VSTs in the demo version of Ableton? Or is there something else wrong with either the way I am trying to set it up or with the Korg software?

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit.

Richie Witch

Re: Korg M1 not showing in Ableton Live

Post by Richie Witch » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:00 pm

If you've already tried rescanning your vst folders in the Ableton preferences, you might need to reinstall the Korg M1 plugin. Some plugins I've used are picky that way, and will not work if their folders have been moved or any of the file names have been changed.

Try reinstalling the plugin using your custom plugin folder as the installation path.

One other tip--make sure that your plugins are not stored under the Program Files directory. Windows blocks a small handful of plugins from working from this location. If your plugins folder is stored under "My Documents", you'll avoid a number of future headaches.

If your plugin has supporting software, such as stand-alone versions or other .exe's, it's fine to have those installed under Program Files, but make sure the vst .dll file is not.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

MarkZorin

Post by MarkZorin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:33 pm

I've just tried uninstalling and reinstalling to C/VSTs (a folder I set up on the C drive, not in Program Files) but it still isn't picking it up :(

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:10 pm

have you checked 32 vs 64 bit?
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

MarkZorin

Post by MarkZorin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:18 pm

The installation wizard says the Korg M1 is 64 bit:

KORG Legacy Collection - M1 v1.7.0 Release Notes (PC)

Changes and revisions in v1.7.0 from v1.6.4

- Native 64-bit VST plug-in is now supported on Windows 7 or later.

mhult

Post by mhult » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:46 am

To continue on the 32/64 bit issue:

Which version of Live are you using, 32 bit or 64 bit?

When you install the vst files to the Live vst folder, are you installing the correct version there? Plugins typically come with two separate sets of dll files for 32 bit and 64 bit respectively.

As for the location of vst files, I follow Ableton's recommendation and setting Live's vst folder to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins. Also, rather than installing the plugins to Live's vst folder, for maximum robustness I let the plugin installers put all the files in their default locations. I then create shortcuts within C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins to the actual locations of the plugins.
Live 10 Suite, Push 2, Roland V-drums, lots of plugins, hardware synths and drum machines...

davidokiwido

Post by davidokiwido » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Hello

me too i have a PC ; trying to install KORG M1 (under Ableton Live 9) i previously have on a mac before (running under logic) ; but Ableton doesnt find the vst despite choosing the correct folders and everything is 64 bits . i don't know what's wrong really ; as well because it's the very first vst i m installing on my PC computer / ableton live ... but i m quite sure i did everything correctly ... :(

thanks for any help

David

JonSolo

Post by JonSolo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:22 pm

That is strange that it does not show up. My specs are below. All of the Korg collection shows up and works in 9.5.1b1.
Windows 10 | Intel i7 4770 | 24 GB RAM | Scarlett 6i6 | Dual 27" monitors
Nektar Panorama P6 | Korg Kronos 88 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Blue Baby Bottle | JBL LSR308/310
Cubase Pro 8.5 | Ableton Live 9.7 | Reason 9 | FL Studio 12.3

kb420

Post by kb420 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:53 am

My Korg M1 works just fine in Live.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

weglisse

Post by weglisse » Fri May 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Did you try scanning this folder with ableton ? C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\KORG
I installed Korg Legacy Bundle (which I had with my triton taktile 49). During the installation I had 3 components. I thought all these components went to C:\Program Files\Korg\[...] but that was for the .exe, not VST, which where located at C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\KORG

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri May 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Has the VST been authorized, quite a few VSTs wont show up unless they have been authorised.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:02 pm

I found that the dll needs to be placed directly in the vst folder, and not in a subfolder. For me, it won't show up otherwise. So no "Korg" folder in the vst folder. Untidy!
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

folliack

Post by folliack » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:05 pm

weglisse wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:22 pm
Did you try scanning this folder with ableton ? C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\KORG
I installed Korg Legacy Bundle (which I had with my triton taktile 49). During the installation I had 3 components. I thought all these components went to C:\Program Files\Korg\[...] but that was for the .exe, not VST, which where located at C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\KORG
Man I really love you, it worked