Reaktor 6 is here

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tintala

Re: Reaktor 6 is here

Post by tintala » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:18 am

Propellarhead already came up with a modular system eons ago... even the Romans used it.

AAaanndddd...... no free upgrade link , let's see I forked and bit it when I purchased Maschine, Komplete, Traktor ,etc.. plus their shitty lil video isn't enticing.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:18 pm

jenz wrote:I can't see Reaktor 6 in my plugin window. Live 32 bits installed.
Rescaned my plugins... Nothing

Anyone has an idea?
Are you sure your installation is Reaktor 6 32bit? On OS X it's 64bits only I think. If it is the right version, have you tried to turn off VSTs and back on again?
Make some music!

sebAudio

Post by sebAudio » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:47 pm

tintala wrote:Propellarhead already came up with a modular system eons ago... even the Romans used it
Not the same thing as "any cable can't go anywhere" in Reason. And there isn't really "modules" per se but "devices" which you can "extract" signals if provided by the module (eg using Subtractor LFO to modulate another module).

akm

Post by akm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Deadmau5 on Blocks: https://youtu.be/ExOc4dnXmtk

sebAudio

Post by sebAudio » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:27 am

kleine wrote: It's interesting to be have a Reaktor comparison where OSCiLLOT is a 2 person project and a little baby in terms of age etc
-
Btw.: it's totally possible to make solid, professional and stable devices with M4L/Max but since you can create devices relatively quickly, a professional device takes a lot of expertise, time, optimization etc.
Yes, it's obvious that Oscillot isn't on par with Reaktor Blocks only because of not taking the time to make it looks finished (defined sizes, more colors, less borders, same vocabulary across modules), write a proper manual, market it with some hypster electro star... Organise seminars on how to use it...

Quite a lot of work for 2 people !

Oscillot is great !