Mixing Knob device -Mixing midi signals.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Niclas

Mixing Knob device -Mixing midi signals.

Post by Niclas » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Hello, im working with OSC sensors and geting OSC that i convert to MIDI with OSCulator. That i later Map to Abletion. My problem is that i want to mix three of the parameters, X,Y,Z to one value. Is there any Device or solution for this. Like three knobs thats maped by midi and makes a new value that i could map to any other knob in ableton. Or do i need something that will mix the osc signals befor it goes to midi?

Best N
Last edited by Niclas on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

TomViolenz

Re: Mixing midi signals.

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:44 am

Niclas wrote:Hello, im working with OSC sensors and geting OSC that i convert to MIDI with OSCulator. That i later Map to Abletion. My problem is that i want to mix three of the parameters, X,Y,Z to one value. Is there any Device or solution for this. Like three knobs thats maped by midi and makes a new value that i could map to any other knob in ableton. Or do i need something that will mix the osc signals befor it goes to midi?

Best N
Bomes MT is a god send for things like this! 8)

There you could have three input translators reading each parameter and its value and all starting the same one shot timer set to 0ms. Then you use that one shot timer as an input to an "output" translator where you would define the value to output as v=x+y+z (or any other basic math you want)
Pretty simple.

Bomes MT is 70€ though, but worth every penny if you do this sort of stuff more often.

Niclas

Re: Mixing midi signals.

Post by Niclas » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:46 am

Yea but i would realy like to have a device inside Live for this since I alredy using Oscu for geting the OSC to MIDI.

Like a Mixer that takes Knob values and mix it into a Master Knob that i could then map.