Chosing a studio controller - DAW functions

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Stromkraft

Re: Chosing a studio controller - DAW functions

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:35 pm

jestermgee wrote:Bome MIDI translator I have integrated most of lives edit commands (cut/copy/split/consolidate/move etc etc) into all the free buttons.
Well thanks for that tip. Expensive, but I'll check it out.
Make some music!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
jestermgee wrote:Bome MIDI translator I have integrated most of lives edit commands (cut/copy/split/consolidate/move etc etc) into all the free buttons.
Well thanks for that tip. Expensive, but I'll check it out.
I was considering earlier in the thread to suggest to you Bomes MT. With that you could easily make yourself a preset to switch tracks, by simply Midi assigning the faders of any controller to all tracks and then simply switching the sent Midi message via a translator triggered by some button.

I use a similar workflow with the Allen and Heath K2 (or K1 if you don't need the soundcard). Its faders are really top notch (though not motorized) and it has a plethora of pot knobs and buttons.
Doubles very well as a DJ controller too.

Bomes MT is one of the most powerful tools in my box to make my own custom control surfaces without knowing a lick of Phyton. Especially if you use it combined with clyphx.
Highly recomended!

deva

Post by deva » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:36 pm

pencilrocket wrote:
deva wrote:
Push works well with Bitwig...
no....
what don't you like about it?

In quite few respects, it works better in Bitwig than in Live

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Bcr and bcf plus a Novation launchpad mk2...

Just my two cents worth.... behringers can be picked up on eBay in good nick for about 100 each, launchpad mkii is about that..... You could always do touchAble for seeing clip names...

APC = Ableton Performance Controller and it's well suited, wish there was a version with just the encoders in a similar frame as the Bcr is quite bulky....

Oh and I'll change my mind next week as to what my favourite set up is...

Cheers
D

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:25 pm

TomViolenz wrote: Bomes MT is one of the most powerful tools in my box to make my own custom control surfaces without knowing a lick of Phyton. Especially if you use it combined with clyphx.
Highly recomended!
Yep, fully agree. While the $90 odd price seems "expensive" it allows for so many possibilities for all controllers and so easy to get setup. If you have ANY MIDI controls or have ever wanted to make a button on a controller do something else (even non-midi like open file, save, undo etc) then this will do that no worries.

There is a Free version though I think it has limitations that really make the paid version much more useful. Guaranteed once you start using it you will start to find more uses for it!.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:17 pm

TomViolenz wrote: Bomes MT is one of the most powerful tools in my box to make my own custom control surfaces without knowing a lick of Phyton. Especially if you use it combined with clyphx.
Highly recomended!
Thanks. It ended up on my purchase list.
Make some music!