Novation circuit

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mickmike

Re: Novation circuit

Post by mickmike » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:15 pm

These days I've got it stripped back to a virus, and 2 basic soft synths mapped to midi controllers for the knob joy. I honestly don't want more. Serum, dune etc are great I'm sure, but I like it simplified. Googling more about Circuit, I kind of want to want it, but think I might be wasting £££ and time, and it will end up in my techno toy box

mickmike

Post by mickmike » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:41 pm

And the virus doesn't get used much

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Tarekith wrote:There's something to be said for just having fun and messing around away from the computer for a bit.
Hold up. Are you suggesting the goal of working on music isn’t only to be one of the last 3 performing artists on the main stage at a music festival? :|

mickmike

Post by mickmike » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:05 pm

Like banging a saucepan with a mallet and sticking a tambourine up your arse. Good groove. Like the beat

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:26 pm

I'm actually more interested in the Circuit as a midi controller for Ableton.I've already asked Novation if there is a dedicated Remote Script for Live but all i got as a reply is "you can already control Live with the Circuit" (uh ? thankyouverymuch).I know i can bluehand control Live with it as i can with any other midi controller but i'm curious what could be done with a specific script.I mean, the Circuit has so many hardware controls it would make it almost ideal as a controller for Live.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:27 am

Are you looking for some sort of Session control? As Novation said it can already be used with Live, the Sequencer outputs on three seperate MIDI channels which you can house your own instruments and effect on...

What would a Circuit script need to have...

Cheers
D

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Well honestly, just look at the thing. :wink:

I mean it has 10 knobs,numerous buttons and whatnot so obviously a dedicated script would turn the Circuit into something like a hybrid of the Launchpad Pro, LP95 and the Push, .i.e offer Session, Mixer, User, Note,Step Sequencer modes, device control etc.

Novations claim "it can alreadsy be used with Live" is all they say without specifiying in *which way* it can work as a controller or if there's a script included or how dedicated it is or if all they are talking about is manual blue hand assignment (thanksyoualreadyknewthat).

From their site: "Circuit will also work as a standard USB-MIDI controller." Uh yeah, thank you.I can imagine they didn't write a specific script for the Circuit to make it not too powerful so to avoid inhouse competition with the Launchpad Pro..?

Now let's wait for Buleriachk to troll this thread saying these features are not needed in his opinion but what he would rather like to see on the Launchpad Pro.... :roll:

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:27 am

beatz01 wrote:Well honestly, just look at the thing. :wink:

I mean it has 10 knobs,numerous buttons and whatnot so obviously a dedicated script would turn the Circuit into something like a hybrid of the Launchpad Pro, LP95 and the Push, .i.e offer Session, Mixer, User, Note,Step Sequencer modes, device control etc.

Novations claim "it can alreadsy be used with Live" is all they say without specifiying in *which way* it can work as a controller or if there's a script included or how dedicated it is or if all they are talking about is manual blue hand assignment (thanksyoualreadyknewthat).

From their site: "Circuit will also work as a standard USB-MIDI controller." Uh yeah, thank you.I can imagine they didn't write a specific script for the Circuit to make it not too powerful so to avoid inhouse competition with the Launchpad Pro..?

Now let's wait for Buleriachk to troll this thread saying these features are not needed in his opinion but what he would rather like to see on the Launchpad Pro.... :roll:
This was my thinking, at the moment it's impossible to create a script for it as the unit itself doesn't have a dumb mode...

I can't say anymore than that as i'm not allowed to!

Cheers
D

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:36 pm

beatz01 wrote: Now let's wait for Buleriachk to troll this thread saying these features are not needed in his opinion but what he would rather like to see on the Launchpad Pro.... :roll:
Thanks for inviting me to troll this thread. More than happy to oblige... :)

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:07 am

Please don't, it would be nice to keep this thread on a path that could actually shape how the script works...

Novation have never intended the Circuit to be an Ableton Live Controller, it's an instrument/groovebox that happens to have a very appealing layout for use as a controller...

It already has Step Sequencer Modes which for me are more intuitive than the Push.... so it will be the Session Mode that it would benefit from....

Cheers
D

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:47 pm

S4racen wrote:Please don't, it would be nice to keep this thread on a path that could actually shape how the script works...

Novation have never intended the Circuit to be an Ableton Live Controller, it's an instrument/groovebox that happens to have a very appealing layout for use as a controller...

It already has Step Sequencer Modes which for me are more intuitive than the Push.... so it will be the Session Mode that it would benefit from....

Cheers
D
Nuts! I was going to try to use it to control my motorcycle....

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:11 pm

Maybe the designers of your motorcycle should have considered its musical potential and given it a session overview button :P

Kypresso

Post by Kypresso » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:06 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Maybe the designers of your motorcycle should have considered its musical potential and given it a session overview button :P
Not exactly a motorcycle but automotive anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr4zb-HHZs4

And also to celebrate it no longer being under copyright, yay!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:59 pm

If you hadn't already seen...

http://isotonikstudios.com/novation-x-i ... it-editor/

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:47 pm

Now available as Standalones (no Max or MaxforLive required) for Mac OS, Windows 32 and 64Bit!

Cheers
D