Ned Rush - GeoSYNTH - Maxforlive MIDI Visualiser

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
musikmachine

Re: Ned Rush - GeoSYNTH - Maxforlive MIDI Visualiser

Post by musikmachine » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:55 pm

ned rush wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Thanks ned.

Syphon does? I think i'll wait cause i'm not really clear on how it will work, all i want to do is sequence video to my tracks and upload some AV but it looks like i'd need a 3rd party app like Spout to export the video?
We're adding Spout for Windows too. They'll be a free upgrade when we release it.

Check out the other video devices as well. http://isotonikstudios.com/ned-rush/ned ... ollection/
Sorry mate keep forgetting to reply. I'll just wait for the update cause this is the one i want. :)

Is there an tutorial videp pn how to export tracks the video using Spout? I could use SC software but i'm not sure my system could handle it in a big project and i don't wanna add instability using 3rd party apps.

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:19 am

http://isotonikstudios.com/ned-rush/ned ... ollection/

The video collection has now been updated to include Syphon for Mac and Spout for Windows.

https://www.facebook.com/IsotonikStudio ... 6654539247

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:42 pm

looks amazing - good job :D

does it only work with push or can it maybe be reconfigured to work with say... a softstep 2 and my midi bass? (i'm guessing yes probably)

cheers

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:19 pm

It'll work with any midi keyboard or controller but the notes are laid out the same way as a standard drum rack when dropped to default.

I think that's c1 to d#2 I think, the standard 4x4 layout.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:59 am

Very nice Ned!
Another +1 for 2 layers, and more "psychedelic" shapes would be great for the Pro version. Just means more sort of "organic" natural inspired fractal pattern shapes, like sea creatures, pollen, snow flakes, you know Ernst Haeckel stuf, etc. :)

https://www.google.gr/search?q=ernst+ha ... ygB#imgrc=_

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:04 pm

hi

i just bought it and was having a look. whenever i try to resize the output window it crashes ableton straightaway, either on an external monitor or on my laptop's screen.

i'll persevere for the moment

i got windows 7, mfl7, 32 bit, live9.5.

if you want the crash report let me know

cheers

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Get in touch through the website, i'll put you directly in touch with Ned and Bob then they can take it from there...

Cheers
D

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:54 am

ze2be wrote:Very nice Ned!
Another +1 for 2 layers, and more "psychedelic" shapes would be great for the Pro version. Just means more sort of "organic" natural inspired fractal pattern shapes, like sea creatures, pollen, snow flakes, you know Ernst Haeckel stuf, etc. :)

https://www.google.gr/search?q=ernst+ha ... ygB#imgrc=_
With the added Syphon compatibility you could create layers using vision mixing in Vizzable.

For tripping fractals check out Brainwash HD.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:51 pm

ned rush wrote:With the added Syphon compatibility you could create layers using vision mixing in Vizzable.

Nice.

I saw your Brainwash video. To me thats more like strobo noise, while GeoSYNTH is way more psychedelic and smooth, fitting my music style. The word psychedelic means different things for different folks I guess. Im a psychedelic trance producer.

Would it be possible to add more shape modifiers to the GeoSYNTH? Just curious really. Im going to get it either way, just airing some ideas for your Pro version. :)

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:02 pm

ze2be wrote:
ned rush wrote:With the added Syphon compatibility you could create layers using vision mixing in Vizzable.

Nice.

I saw your Brainwash video. To me thats more like strobo noise, while GeoSYNTH is way more psychedelic and smooth, fitting my music style. The word psychedelic means different things for different folks I guess. Im a psychedelic trance producer.

Would it be possible to add more shape modifiers to the GeoSYNTH? Just curious really. Im going to get it either way, just airing some ideas for your Pro version. :)
I'm open to all ideas for the Pro version. There will be more options for more shapes and scenes, as well as being to add custom textures, or textures generated from various sources, such as audio, or even movie files and webcam. For this type of thing is hard to know when to impose limits as there are so many possibilities.