Production discussion / critique?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Domesday

Production discussion / critique?

Post by Domesday » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello,

I'm producing since a while now and personally I really like some of my tracks. But every time I show them around, people are telling me that it sounds cheap, very amateurish and not professinal.
When I startet photographing it was the same, but there were so many places in the internet where I posted pictures and got a lot of advice and improved very quickly.
I didnt find anything compareable for music production. There is this showcase in this board but the threads barely get any comment and if they get some, its mostly not really a deep critique.
So... Any tips where I could show a track and get some advice?

Stromkraft

Re: Production discussion / critique?

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Domesday wrote:Hello,

I'm producing since a while now and personally I really like some of my tracks. But every time I show them around, people are telling me that it sounds cheap, very amateurish and not professinal.
When I startet photographing it was the same, but there were so many places in the internet where I posted pictures and got a lot of advice and improved very quickly.
I didnt find anything compareable for music production. There is this showcase in this board but the threads barely get any comment and if they get some, its mostly not really a deep critique.
So... Any tips where I could show a track and get some advice?
You might be able to get some mix critique at Gearslutz's Low End Theory forum.
Make some music!

Garry Knight

Post by Garry Knight » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:13 pm

You could try the KVR Forums.
Garry Knight

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Garry Knight wrote:You could try the KVR Forums.
The Music Café?
Make some music!

Garry Knight

Post by Garry Knight » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:10 pm

The Music Cafe is where you could get feedback on an entire track but there are also subforums for production techniques, instruments, effects, sampling, sound design, and so on. There's also Future Producers but it seems to have a lot less people signed up and active.
Garry Knight

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:29 am

if it's electronic Gearslutz' 'post your music' subforum.

Domesday

Post by Domesday » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:57 pm

I posted it in the boards you recommendet but haven't received a single answer there... I really can't believe it, I posted a picture in a photography forum the same day and it got 23 replies on the first day. I always thought the music community would be bigger than the photo community

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:59 pm

It's just more saturated. Everyone want's comments, but very few people want to take the time to listen and comment themselves.