The Loop Loft: Any good?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ranzii

The Loop Loft: Any good?

Post by Ranzii » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:05 am

So TheLoopLoft.com currently has a flash sale on their platinum pack, which is ~75gb of samples for only $99. I'm curious, has anyone used their samples or purchased from them before? I've searched everywhere for product reviews - criticisms and all - with no results.

Generally, I have a hard time trusting products that lack feedback, especially when the only reviews tend to be on their site..

So I'm looking for an answer. Are they simply underrated, or are they hardly worth the $$?

beats me

Re: The Loop Loft: Any good?

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:33 pm

IMO you'd be better served with Splice Sound

https://splice.com/features/sounds

$8 a month to pick 100 specific samples instead of dropping a lump sum on what will mostly be filler you won't use.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:12 pm

They are fine for what they are, but I have not been particularly impressed with the packs I've gotten from them.

All of the packs I've gotten have been pretty plain, unremarkable, had very little flavor to them.

Nice generic beats that I could see being helpful for someone who has to put out a lot of material on a deadline, but there's not much personality to the samples I've used. Very well recorded, good tracking, fills etc., but nothing that's really wowed me.

The price is reasonable though - I don't feel too bad about putting $9 towards a pack of few dozen professionally recorded loops.

They have their place, but they haven't really blown my mind.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:20 pm

I think most of them are dry. I do buy their midi files and weekend specials. I often stay away from the mega gigabyte products from most developers.

Loop subscriptions can have their drawbacks since they will change the conditions. Splice has some great vendors. I think though if you like a complete library you will spend more. No midi files. Sample Magic has where you can buy parts of their libraries.

micksmuse

Post by micksmuse » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:48 pm

got their drum bundle midi files. no instructions (if that matters). lots of repetition. some audio samples (not enough).
probably a good bargain, but only if a great weekend sale.
you get what you pay for.