Presonus Firestudio users help needed-How to set up Cue mix?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
towers of silence

Presonus Firestudio users help needed-How to set up Cue mix?

Post by towers of silence » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 am

I just got a Presonus Firestudio Project and I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up a Cue mix. I have been using a MOTU 828 mkII for the past several years and it finally bit the dust so I bought a Firestudio on ebay to replace it. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to assign the headphone mix to a separate out- there is no setting that i can find in the presonus Universal Control mixer panel that deals specifically with headphones.
I want to be able to do what I was able to do with my MOTU- that is, set up a separate mix using the Cue outs assigned to outputs 3/4 and monitor that using headphones but (and here's the important part) only hear the Cue outputs in the phones. It seems like I can only set it up so that I hear the main mix through the phones or direct monitoring of the inputs, neither of which is what I'm looking for.
basically I just need to know how to assign outputs 3/4 to the headphone out of the Firestudio.
Thanks in advance for your help....