NI Komplete Keyboard "Track Follow"

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
jestermgee

NI Komplete Keyboard "Track Follow"

Post by jestermgee » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:01 am

I have raised a ticket with NI on this and have been waiting 2 weeks for someone to even activate my forum account (not had to use the NI forum before). Thought i'd try here.

Specs:
- Komplete Kontrol S61 Keyboard
- Komplete Kontrol Software v1.5
- Live Suit 9.2.3b4 (and 9.2 release)
- Windows 7 64bit
- KK Script installed and active as control surface in Live

I have the keyboard working in Live, transport buttons all work and track selection buttons all work no issues.

I have a simple test set with 1 track with KK loaded (empty) and another track just with a VST not in KK.

My keyboard will say "Press Browse" as expected and I can then load in an instrument and it springs to life. If I select the other VST only track the keyboard reverts to MIDI mode as expected but as I understand if I select a track that contains KK it should switch to that instance automatically. It does not it stays in MIDI mode.

If I press Shift+Instance it will switch (which seems ok) but if I then have multiple tracks with KK pressing Shift+Instance will connect to the last used instance, NOT the one in the selected track.

I have also disabled all other MIDI controllers in Live and even disconnected them in case it was some kind of confusion. Problem persists.

I am 100% sure this was working just fine in the KK 1.2 software. Just wondered if anyone notices any issues because the only way I can control a track is to open the VST then select the keyboard connect button which is a pain.

MOSELEYNOISE

Re: NI Komplete Keyboard "Track Follow"

Post by MOSELEYNOISE » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Evening,

Wondering if you have had any update on this please? Got the S61 and having similar issues and looking for a solution.

Cheers,