Page 10 of 10

Re: Live 9.5

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:20 pm
by j.brouwer
I don't see the download for 9.5 in my User Account; isn't that where we're supposed to get it from?

The warping in Simpler sounds perfect for the stuff I'm working on. Super stoked!

Re: Live 9.5

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:24 pm
by Stromkraft
j.brouwer wrote:I don't see the download for 9.5 in my User Account; isn't that where we're supposed to get it from?

The warping in Simpler sounds perfect for the stuff I'm working on. Super stoked!
It should be in the Ableton Account, yes. Make sure you're logged in with the right account.

This is how mine looks:
Image

Re: Live 9.5

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:23 am
by j.brouwer
Stromkraft wrote:
j.brouwer wrote:I don't see the download for 9.5 in my User Account; isn't that where we're supposed to get it from?

The warping in Simpler sounds perfect for the stuff I'm working on. Super stoked!
It should be in the Ableton Account, yes. Make sure you're logged in with the right account.

This is how mine looks:
Image

Ohhhh, I gotchya. I thought there would be a different tile for 9.5, but it's the same tile as Ableton, they just replaced the actual file. That makes sense

Re: Live 9.5

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:04 am
by Teenage Engineering OP-2
Rather than create a new thread, I'll post my filter question here since I saw so much great filter info here posted by Andy of Cytomic.

It was stated in a post earlier in this thread that the new 9.5 filters are MD (medium resolution) in real time. However, when rendered to audio are they also MD, or do they use The Drop's HD version?

Thank you.

Re: Live 9.5

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:58 am
by andy_cytomic
Teenage Engineering OP-2 wrote:Rather than create a new thread, I'll post my filter question here since I saw so much great filter info here posted by Andy of Cytomic.

It was stated in a post earlier in this thread that the new 9.5 filters are MD (medium resolution) in real time. However, when rendered to audio are they also MD, or do they use The Drop's HD version?

Thank you.
They are always the MD version as far as I know, and there are also no options to oversample on render (which is what you get with The Drop). It would be a good idea to allow to both oversample and switch to HD on render, but those decisions are up to Ableton not me. I'll add optional switching to HD on render in The Drop, and you can already choose different oversampling settings on render in The Drop.

Re: Live 9.5

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:53 am
by Teenage Engineering OP-2
andy_cytomic wrote: They are always the MD version as far as I know, and there are also no options to oversample on render (which is what you get with The Drop). It would be a good idea to allow to both oversample and switch to HD on render, but those decisions are up to Ableton not me. I'll add optional switching to HD on render in The Drop, and you can already choose different oversampling settings on render in The Drop.
Thank you for that info!

Re: Live 9.5

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:24 pm
by greenfly
Greetings Ableton Community :)

A quick question. In Autofilter, if you crank up the Drive on the new filters on a drum loop that has already been recorded too hot the plugin starts to clip. Is it good practice to put a utility before Autofilter, to reduce the level of input going into the Autofilter before increasing the Drive or is this counterintuitive? Maybe not related but on the Glue Compressor, it does't matter how hard you drive the compressor if you turn on Soft Clip as the plugin won't clip so it made me think why there wouldn't be a similar soft clip button on Autofilter.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Live 9.5

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:22 pm
by musikmachine
Yeah totally, i always lower the output relative to the drive with saturator cause i just want to add saturation and not boost the volume. if the drum loop is clipping just lower the volume at source to give yourself more headroom. :)