new Simpler is AMAZING!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
granted

Re: new Simpler is AMAZING!!!!

Post by granted » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:55 pm

chapelier fou wrote:
granted wrote:No Reverse :cry:
Yes, right-click.
Thanks!

granted

Post by granted » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Tarekith wrote:
granted wrote:No Reverse :cry:
Right click on the sample window.

Thanks!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:23 pm

jonbenderr wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
XSIMan wrote:The filter it now has are from Cytomic The Drop fantastic filters.
Ok good point, but I feel warping would have been just as much a drop in replacement. Which incedentely is the number one requested feature in Sampler.

I can wait for the updated GUI, but warping should have been here, NOW!
Out of genuine curiosity, why do you feel Sampler would benefit from having the warping functionality as well? I've always felt like Sampler was for the really advanced multisampling type jobs. Seems like warping in that scenario is unnecessary.

To be honest, I never use Sampler and I don't even know that much about it.

Simpler I only ever used in drum racks just as someone else stated, and I'll probably mess around with some of the beat chopping capabilities for a bit, but will most likely grow bored with it.
Advanced multi-sampling and no time stretch are mutually exclusive. That's the whole point.

I'm using Sampler exclusively and love it. But not as a multi sampler.

Why would I not want to go back to Simpler?
- 128s ( the absolute most important aspect for me)
- much better envelopes
- much better modulation
- the filters used to be much better, and still are somewhat better, since they have that pretty sweet shaper)
- has it's own oscillator (very nice, but obviously not a deal breaker)

AZ-LABS

Post by AZ-LABS » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi Guys

If anybody want's to try out the new Simpler's Pad Slicing Mode that is only available for Push 2 with any other MIDI-device (or the computer keyboard), then grab this MFL-device here for free: http://www.az-labs.com

Cheers,
Mark
www.az-labs.com | Perfect your Ableton workflow! | AZ-LABS | www.facebook.com/theAZlabs

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:15 pm

So is the idea to still do your warping outside of Simpler, and Simpler just takes advantage of the set markers? I was surprised you can't choose the number of bars you want to warp the phrase as, and that you can't drag transients around, etc. Loops that I have warped already & drop into Simpler work great.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

steffensen

Post by steffensen » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:59 pm

Awesome update. I got excited that it seemed to be able to show beats/bars as a timeframe for samples, but it seems thats only for the warped stuff. :(
Also, snap to zero crossings only work for the end option, not the start? Not for me it doesn't anyway.

steffensen

Post by steffensen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:28 pm

steffensen wrote: Also, snap to zero crossings only work for the end option, not the start? Not for me it doesn't anyway.
Bump for reply on this simple question.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Has Ableton released any presets with the core pack that take advantage of the new Simpler features?

Or perhaps have a Simpler pack?

I feel like it'd be a nice way to showcase the device's new features. I didn't really come across any presets that screamed 'sliced up' or 'warped'.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:37 pm

One of the oddest things about Simpler 2 is the parameter groupings and sizes.

Filter cutoff, resonance and drive, all together and big dials. I spent ages looking for the envelope depth - which is a control traditionally in a family with F & R . Nope, it's a teeny tiny little text box up above the envelope dispay.
Envelope depth is as important as cutoff, it's a sibling in sound.

I am glad they have started to make the Live devices larger -mgiving more space for more visible controls, but I hope for some more sensible uses of screenspace than in Simpler 2. It's weird!

steffensen

Post by steffensen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:50 pm

steffensen wrote:
steffensen wrote: Also, snap to zero crossings only work for the end option, not the start? Not for me it doesn't anyway.
Bump for reply on this simple question.
Knock, knock. Is this thing on?!

RedW6lf

Post by RedW6lf » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:25 pm

I have question about slicing in the new simpler. I know that we have fade-in and fade-out parameters for slices, but it's not effectively getting rid of the zero-clicks that i get when i trigger my samples. Sometimes the clicks are very noticeable and are very present in my beats. Is anyone else finding this a issue? Is there anything else I can do to help lessen the clicks?

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:01 pm

RedW6lf wrote:I have question about slicing in the new simpler. I know that we have fade-in and fade-out parameters for slices, but it's not effectively getting rid of the zero-clicks that i get when i trigger my samples. Sometimes the clicks are very noticeable and are very present in my beats. Is anyone else finding this a issue? Is there anything else I can do to help lessen the clicks?
You'll have to manually adjust those slices, zooming in and placing the markers on zero-crossings. Though I've seen mention of "Snap to zero-crossings", not seen it myself yet.

Otherwise you can convert it to a drumrack and adjust attack and/or release, depending on where the click is.

The former option is probably best though.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Where's velocity gone? cant see it on the new simpler! Is it hidden somewhere?

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:53 am

I can't say enough good things about simpler 2. Combined with drum racks and you essentially have a mini session view and arrange window combined. This is really going to have a big impact on live performers.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:25 am

i have never found a use for Simpler...until now

i have been putting my samples into Kontakt, which is indeed powerful but rather tedious

Simpler is just quick and simple