new Simpler is AMAZING!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ambientidm

new Simpler is AMAZING!!!!

Post by ambientidm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:52 pm

Wow, I am so impressed with Ableton finally implementing warp modes into simpler. I have been asking of this for years and it's better than I hoped for. All of my tens of thousands of samples and loops have completely new life and potential in them. Dynamically changing loop lengths and starts while playing the sample yet keeping the tempo locked is a wildly creative journey. Thank you Ableton!!!!

Tarekith

Re: new Simpler is AMAZING!!!!

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Put it in Glide mode, you can repitch samples as they play without retriggering them :)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:59 pm

ambientidm wrote:Wow, I am so impressed with Ableton finally implementing warp modes into simpler. I have been asking of this for years and it's better than I hoped for. All of my tens of thousands of samples and loops have completely new life and potential in them. Dynamically changing loop lengths and starts while playing the sample yet keeping the tempo locked is a wildly creative journey. Thank you Ableton!!!!
How are you dynamically changing the loop length/start? I couldn't get them assigned to macros :?

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Tarekith wrote:Put it in Glide mode, you can repitch samples as they play without retriggering them :)
I was just abut to say I wish it could do that! Where is glide mode?
The only other thing is I wish you could use warp markers in it.

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:07 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
ambientidm wrote:Wow, I am so impressed with Ableton finally implementing warp modes into simpler. I have been asking of this for years and it's better than I hoped for. All of my tens of thousands of samples and loops have completely new life and potential in them. Dynamically changing loop lengths and starts while playing the sample yet keeping the tempo locked is a wildly creative journey. Thank you Ableton!!!!
How are you dynamically changing the loop length/start? I couldn't get them assigned to macros :?
I am doing this with Push. Sample Start and Length show up automatically.

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:09 pm

just found glide mode wow!!!!!!!
Kontakt cannot do what simpler does
V-synth? what's that and who cares?

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:47 am

I LOVE it

Throwing some screwed-up recorded Bazille loops through it in either Classic or Slice mode..amazing fun

works fine with Push 1 for playing, but not adjusting some parameters.

Combined with the new filter models and Simpler slicing sensitivity adjustment etc...aahhhh

man, so much to fuck around with within Simpler while playing to make enormous differences in the riffs/beats. trigger/gate/sensitivity/mono or poly (really like mono!), double or halve.

well done Ableton.

ccs

Post by ccs » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:07 am

TomViolenz wrote:
Hi, just dont expand up the simpler. Its a bug. It can be maped to Macros if its not expanded.

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:30 am

Makes you wonder what they have in store for Sampler.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:38 am

I find it works well from just Push 1 if you've set up one track as your Simpler/audio mangler and beatmaker, another MIDI track with a VSTi (or anything really) to record loops from and a third track - audio - set to receive the VSTi's sound. Make sure to turn off exclusive record in preferences. And also Select on Launch must be off(to hold the Session button to press record on the audio channel into an empty slot, letting go as it counts in and still being in the VSTi track to play. Now you can easily jam or play loops form the instrument, record that into the audio channel. Once you've got some audio clips, you can load them into the Simpler by Browsing to Places - Current Project - Samples - Recorded, and even preview them. Finally.

It sounds long-winded, but it's very quick once you've set up.

Or, you can skip all that bollocks and just browse loops you already have.

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:44 am

I haven't updated yet, but I'm really looking forward to this!

It's funny, i was in a thread a couple of months ago, where someone was saying where could live go from here. My wish was sample chopping from the controller, like maschine can do, and warping in sampler. Got told that live was one big sampler anyway, and that that type of sampling sounded like doodoo... Feeling hella smug right now! :mrgreen:

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:53 am

THis really should be illegal, it's insanely addictive, creative, fun. I've never really been into this style of sample manipulation til now, hence my added enthusiasm.

But people need to work and this will prevent them from going to sleep. I cannot go to sleep.

DubLifeSD

Post by DubLifeSD » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:38 am

It's funny I rarely ever used Simpler in the past, now it will probably be the most used in my projects. Abes did an awesome job, thoroughly impressed. I love how clear the waveforms are now as well, no guessing where zero crossing is. :mrgreen: chopping up beats is going to be a joy.

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:07 am

DubLifeSD wrote:It's funny I rarely ever used Simpler in the past, now it will probably be the most used in my projects. Abes did an awesome job, thoroughly impressed. I love how clear the waveforms are now as well, no guessing where zero crossing is. :mrgreen: chopping up beats is going to be a joy.
i only used simpler in drum racks and now it's essential gear