9.5 updated sounds

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
esotericmetal

9.5 updated sounds

Post by esotericmetal » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:05 pm

Are they included with the installer? Or do we need to redownload and install any packs? What exactly was added/updated?

mrgrim3

Re: 9.5 updated sounds

Post by mrgrim3 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:12 pm

esotericmetal wrote:Are they included with the installer? Or do we need to redownload and install any packs? What exactly was added/updated?
some of the sounds you have an update button next to form your old packs

and some of the new ones come with the installer like the new core library drums

im not even sure all what is added and changed yet though myself

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:36 pm

That's because they never tell us. It has been my major gripe with every update. I don't see what's so difficult about giving us a list of all the new content. Seems lazy.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

Tunecrew

Post by Tunecrew » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:27 pm

If you search your Packs you will find the new stuff in various places in the Core Library.

Galactic Slap, Thicket, etc.

But I do agree it is not really clear from the description on the "What's New in 9.5" page.

And again, another vote for some better system to keep track of updates to Packs
Live 9 Suite
Macbook Pro (Mid-2015 15" 2.8 GHz i7 1 TB Radeon GPU)
APC-40

monkeyEcho

Post by monkeyEcho » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:23 am

Sorry, but I installed 9.5 and there are no new sounds in the Core Lib. I searched for Galatic Slap and Thicket and came up empty. I searched "packets" and "All results".
Any tip what I can do?
Thanks for the helping hand.
Stefan

simulacra

Post by simulacra » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:44 pm

i have not been able to find the new sounds either : (

allanaceflyer

Post by allanaceflyer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Tell me more tell me more
More presets please
More midi files for drum machines Latin for percussion Etc
Make them all appear like magic
Yes just make it so

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:21 am

monkeyEcho wrote:Sorry, but I installed 9.5 and there are no new sounds in the Core Lib. I searched for Galatic Slap and Thicket and came up empty. I searched "packets" and "All results".
Any tip what I can do?
Reinstall?
I can find "Thicket Wall Pad", "Thicket Ring Reverb", "Thicket Auto Dub Siren" and "Kit-Core Thicket" as well as "Formaggio Pad", "Formaggio Plucket", "Kit-Core Formaggio 1" and "Kit-Core Formaggio 2". All in core. Were these among those you expected to find?

No "Galatic" or "Glas". I haven't installed the new Max for Live essentials yet so that might explain that. I'm not sure in which synths these new sounds are supposed to be, but most is likely to be found in the new MFL synths.
Make some music!

chrk

Post by chrk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:51 am

Stromkraft wrote:No "Galatic" or "Glas".
Drums: Kit-Core Glas.adg

Not sure about the Galactic Slap example, though.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:40 am

Some of the Push 2 videos were made before the new content was finalized, so the names you see in the demo videos might be different from the final names in the library.

There's two 128 racks in the new content too :)

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:56 am

Tarekith wrote:Some of the Push 2 videos were made before the new content was finalized, so the names you see in the demo videos might be different from the final names in the library.
I took my names from the named videos on the web site. Seems kinda strange to have examples there that didn't make it into the content. It's not What we once planned to have new in Live 9.5, it's New in Live 9.5. Is new really can only mean that's considered a fact.
Tarekith wrote:There's two 128 racks in the new content too
Really? I have wanted 128 racks for every single drum sample from Ableton. Racks with velocity switched solutions are even more hard work. If x number of people did one group each this could be done rather quickly. Instead I suspect this work is done over and over again by new people.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:04 am

chrk wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:No "Galatic" or "Glas".
Drums: Kit-Core Glas.adg

Not sure about the Galactic Slap example, though.
This is a MFL kit?

I can understand if Ableton wants to showcase the new Max For Live synths, but it's quite odd to not point out to Live Standard license owners, what's not available to them unless they have Max ( I have Suite).
Make some music!

chrk

Post by chrk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:25 am

Stromkraft wrote:This is a MFL kit?
Not at all, 16 chains, all Simplers, and only two chains contain extra (stock-) effects.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Stromkraft wrote:I took my names from the named videos on the web site. Seems kinda strange to have examples there that didn't make it into the content. It's not What we once planned to have new in Live 9.5, it's New in Live 9.5. Is new really can only mean that's considered a fact.
The sounds in the videos are still in the library, they might just have altered names. Those videos take awhile to make, and I'm sure there was a lot of overlap with work on the sound content too. I know the new stuff was being tweaked right up until release, just giving people a heads up on why they might not be finding certain patches.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:06 pm

Tarekith wrote:just giving people a heads up on why they might not be finding certain patches.
OK, but if this is so that's pretty bad management on Ableton's part. Information Management means updating changes that naturally happen.
Make some music!