Live 9.5 crashes/issues

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Re: Live 9.5 crashes/issues

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Tagor wrote:Yes i know there is 9.6.1.b4
but i only got the beta because Live 9.6 was already buggy.

so can we autopdate without loosing the controller-scripts ?
some custom scales and colour-tweaks in the pushbase will not be lost, or do ih have to backup/reimplement them?

**EVEN THERE IS NO AUTOUPDATE RUNNING WHEN I START Live 9 beta with internet-connection
I'd think the controller scripts would be al-right, at least PXT Live was left alone. Where are custom scales stored?
Make some music!

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:43 pm

i just reinstalled the newest beta and rescripted the colour&scaletweaks
the userscales are stored here
https://github.com/gluon/AbletonLive9_R ... pattern.py

i have 4 oriental scales, 2 psyscales (one of them is phrygish dominant), 2 klezmer scales
and one scale containing just all notes (sometimes good for samplers,stacks,drumracks ect..)

with the noterepeat i was preferig 7/8 & 1/4d but i have NO Idea how to script them into the new python
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=219946

hoepfully the switsches between .als files wotk better again.. but i am aware i run jbridge, so there is always
a chance it depends on the stability of them, maybe i should check *run in existing instance

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:49 pm

i have updated the DUB MACHINES - was running ver 1.1 - now the crashs disapeared :lol:

would have been charming if Live could tell me whats causing the crashs...

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:03 pm

I finally had enough and repaved my PC (wiped and reinstalled Windows). Knock on wood, but everything seems to be working great. Must have been a bunch of gunk from the Windows 8.1 -> 10 upgrade and a few years of trying out who-knows-what music software. No more Max for Live hangs. And, Ableton properly terminates its process after quitting. Yay.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:50 am

It's a shame that it's something that can be such a PITA, but I wish more people would do this once in awhile. I bet it solves a ton of problems, and I personally believe my yearly fresh installs are one reason I rarely have computer issues with making music. Anyway, thanks for chiming in and sharing what worked!

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:46 am

Tarekith wrote:It's a shame that it's something that can be such a PITA, but I wish more people would do this once in awhile. I bet it solves a ton of problems, and I personally believe my yearly fresh installs are one reason I rarely have computer issues with making music. Anyway, thanks for chiming in and sharing what worked!
That is not always a solution! I had a fresh clean Windows 10 installation (including Live 9.5) and Ableton Live 9.5 with Push 2 continued to hang and crash constantly.
Only upgrading to Live 9.6 solved the problem for me (though Push 2 can still lock up Live once in a while). So it was definitely an issue with Ableton and/or Push 2.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:01 am

Not saying it's always a solution, but it certainly helps to narrow the issues.

yohandsome

Post by yohandsome » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:16 am

I'm having the exact same issue Lunch is having.

Ableton 9.6 64 bit
Windows 7 64 bit, Core i7, 16 gb ram

With large 1.8 GB audio files (24 bit 48 khz) recorded on a Zoom H1, live will sometimes (but not always) freeze when dragging them into the session view, and will always crash when trying to split a track.

Seems like something got broken after 9.2.3 or that I'm bumping into the 2GB file limit somehow. Will try to split the files in half and see if they work. This is not an issue with samples in the hundreds of megabytes.