Live 9.5 crashes/issues

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eggyokeo

Re: Live 9.5 crashes/issues

Post by eggyokeo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:30 am

I have had any crash problems, but the program is fairly unusable due to CPU spike, I have a track with some audio clips a custom drum rack and an instance of operator, it appears that operator is causing me the most problems

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:00 pm

I'm riskily working on a project with the current beta but it's a lot more stable, rare crashes, think i've had 2 in the past few days. I keep expecting it to fall over when i load a plugin but so far so good. :)

Quez

Post by Quez » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:13 am

Not having more crashes here, but I'm experiencing some really weird issue. Basically, levels of hi-hats / cymbals in a set have gone way down. I,ve tried restoring the file with Time Machine from multiple dates (in case it was my fault that i couldn't hear them anymore), but even older sets with correct exported audio all have theses audio levels wrong now. In fact, the whole song sounds unbalanced now to my hears and I wonder if it's not all messed up somehow. This was started before 9.5 and saved as a 9.5 file. I don't have 9.2 installed to verify if the pre-9.5 file works correctly. But anyway, I'll re-work it from now.
Its just so weird.

edit: seems like some filters on the new simpler are turning themselves on, and it's the cause of theses problems. either that, or i'm totally nuts (which may also be the case).

TwistedGenetics

Post by TwistedGenetics » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Same here, live crashes when I move some plugins around but generally it's worse when dragging plugins from the browser to a channel

musictechguy

Post by musictechguy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:43 pm

WHAT IS GOING ON?

This 9.5 has lost my plug-ins which were working perfectly well under the last version.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:13 am

saski wrote:I'm having numerous crashes - about 10 a day. Every single time on quit. I'm on Yosemite.

Getting this weird crash where when I recover the program, some presets/automation for some plugins are completely reset, which as you can appreciate, is really really bad news...
same here on win7 when loading a new set or when i saved actual and then load or quit ... crash without recover-file..

and again -> old tracks from live7+8 are unenjoyable.. if they load you just think fuck, all volumes are messed up ect...
thats not because 64bit - thats because we are guinea-pig-customers.

please protect our work better by saving the engine within the set.

maybe a popUp when loading: this project was last edited by an older version of live - if you press YES live will load
the set with an compatible engine - but some newer features maybe not available. If you press NO Live will load with
the actual Engine and all changes will be saved with the actual engine.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:28 pm

pencilrocket wrote:
maky355 wrote:Not good, really not good. I see plenty of people have issues. How this release passed beta stage? Just how?
Beta testers are... fanboys..
Beta testers are in reality the ones who dares to see Live for what it is and what it can become. They form a little part of the future with their reports and feedback, while you whine and whine like an old man.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:35 pm

I usually have no crashes when starting up or when working in Live. Occasionally I have crashes on quit. As I always have saved before quit there are no side-effects.

One little recurring thing since 9.1 and repeated once. never more, with most beta and some released versions is that once every three months or so when I open up an older project saved with a previous version the graphical interface isn't responsive, even if Live responds to Push and MIDI. At least 9.5 only if I open a second window and click on a clip or two will it start work again. After this it never comes back until much later.

Naturally I've filed multiple reports, but it's very hard to reproduce this particular issue. I can't even do it with the same project after it has happened one time.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

crjmcc

Post by crjmcc » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:18 pm

M4L devices loaded when a track is playing that are not compatible with 9.5 will crash Live. It's a known bug and there is a fix for it in beta.

lunch

Post by lunch » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:32 pm

I purchased the upgrade from 8.4.2 suite 8 to 9.5 suite on the weekend.

what a mistake.

I created a new set with 2 tracks recorded on a zoom h2 from our band's last jam. 9.5 locks up whenever I press Ctrl+e to split and make an edit. Sometimes it locks up when I drag a way file in to it to add to my set. this is one of the most common things I used 8.4.2 for.

I've tried windows 8 comparability mode, rebooting, changing drivers, even selecting no audio or using asio4all. Same crash every time. Bug appears to be 9.5 itself being a piece of shit. I'm a programmer by trade, if I had symbols, I'd attach a debugger and see what is going on.

I've sent a bunch of crash dumps. It looks like I am going to have to downgrade and demand a refund for the upgrade, as this new version is too unreliable for me to trust. :(

trayze

Post by trayze » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:47 am

I have also had this issue. crashes using the 32b and 64b versions.

when I open the same projects in 9.2 32b, no problems!

(im using 32b for certain plugins)

running 2011 mbp, os x 10.8.5

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:27 am

lunch wrote:I purchased the upgrade from 8.4.2 suite 8 to 9.5 suite on the weekend.

what a mistake.

I created a new set with 2 tracks recorded on a zoom h2 from our band's last jam. 9.5 locks up whenever I press Ctrl+e to split and make an edit. Sometimes it locks up when I drag a way file in to it to add to my set. this is one of the most common things I used 8.4.2 for.

I've tried windows 8 comparability mode, rebooting, changing drivers, even selecting no audio or using asio4all. Same crash every time. Bug appears to be 9.5 itself being a piece of shit. I'm a programmer by trade, if I had symbols, I'd attach a debugger and see what is going on.

I've sent a bunch of crash dumps. It looks like I am going to have to downgrade and demand a refund for the upgrade, as this new version is too unreliable for me to trust. :(
download demo before purchase ....

F34TH3R

Post by F34TH3R » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:51 pm

All of you windows users...time for a Mac.
F34TH3R

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:29 pm

garbage OSX? No thx...

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:45 pm

So, ive been running the latest beta for 8 hours, heavily, non stop, and not a single crash :) even push 2 responds much better and faster, thats really great. My hungry cpu vst,s like Serum and diva, is still unplayable because of sky high cpu, old projects also still to high in cpu usage, all worked perfectly in 9.2 with low cpu, and no problems vith any heavy vst,s, so thats still some kind of a hurdle. but so far im very happy and impressed about the improvements, so now its just the cpu thing thats anoy me

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

i7 8core, 16gb, win 10, propellerhead Balance