Did Sampler get an update?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thecld

Re: Did Sampler get an update?

Post by thecld » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:06 am

Yeah the future looks bright 8)

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:41 am

mrgrim3 wrote:I feel confident in ableton for future updates honestly I think theyre saving sampler for later
It would be odd if they didn't, as Sampler almost alone remains the reason I'm confident in using Live Suite. I have KOntakt but prefer Sampler for much, as it's fast. I think it's nice Simpler was first out because that affects all users.
Make some music!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:15 am

Stromkraft wrote:
mrgrim3 wrote:I feel confident in ableton for future updates honestly I think theyre saving sampler for later
It would be odd if they didn't, as Sampler almost alone remains the reason I'm confident in using Live Suite. I have KOntakt but prefer Sampler for much, as it's fast. I think it's nice Simpler was first out because that affects all users.
I agree whole-heartedly.
I hope they have really big plans for Sampler, to entice Push 2 users to get Suite.

I think a fused Sampler/Looper(hopefully with a "look-ahead" mode out of the box) with warping and a way to easily make the recorded loops populate the key/and SampleSelector ranges would be a wonderful match for Push 2

I just hope that whatever changes they have planned that they don't wait for Live 10 for it

pranavakazack

Post by pranavakazack » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:18 pm

For the sampler update I am hoping to get more control over independant parameters for each zone (rather than a global parameter) in multi samples as,as of now you can only change volume and rootkey, if they somehow added ADSR per zone control. I WOULD GO BANANAS!!! Hoping for a BIG sampler update :D