Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
EasyWorkflow
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:37 am

Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by EasyWorkflow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:35 am

I was on Ableton website and they are offering a 30% discount on new Push 2 if you send in your old Push 1 as they are donating them to schools. I got $254 for my old Push plus it was a good cause. They pay for shipping as well to send back the old Push. I called Ableton because I had a question and the customer service rep was so stoked the new Push 2 and even mentioned how much better just the pads are. That's all I needed to hear because I do 99% of drumming finger drumming on Push. He said that alone was worth the price. So if you have a Push that works, power supply, and cable, you get $254 towards new unit.

Hope that helps some of you out.

jestermgee
Posts: 3846
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by jestermgee » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:04 am

Yep, I had already started looking at the sell cost of Push weeks ago with word of the new one then I woke at the start of the week to that news, logged in and checked my cost and I got $300 off the price (AU) because I have all the original USB and Power supply (even the box in mint condition).

The price of Push 1 new has been dropped by all retailers quite a bit so the chance of getting more than $300 for a second hand Push 1 is slim so this is a nice simple no fuss way to get an upgrade without trying to get rid of P1

I can certainly see that some will see it as a big cost / too expensive / unneeded but I have had 2 good years with Push and the buyback cost means I really only paid half price for it. I actually think it's a really smart move by Ableton and unlike some others that see it as "greedy" it shows they value their customers and understand P1 owners will want to update.

I am excited to see what Ableton can do with the new Push and I am sure we will see some very neat things soon to help squash Bitwix and the new Akai/Native Instruments offerings. With these new high end advanced controller options now available the race is on.

Just wish I knew how long it will take for them to ship my order.

EasyWorkflow
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:37 am

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by EasyWorkflow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:54 am

jestermgee wrote:Yep, I had already started looking at the sell cost of Push weeks ago with word of the new one then I woke at the start of the week to that news, logged in and checked my cost and I got $300 off the price (AU) because I have all the original USB and Power supply (even the box in mint condition).

The price of Push 1 new has been dropped by all retailers quite a bit so the chance of getting more than $300 for a second hand Push 1 is slim so this is a nice simple no fuss way to get an upgrade without trying to get rid of P1

I can certainly see that some will see it as a big cost / too expensive / unneeded but I have had 2 good years with Push and the buyback cost means I really only paid half price for it. I actually think it's a really smart move by Ableton and unlike some others that see it as "greedy" it shows they value their customers and understand P1 owners will want to update.

I am excited to see what Ableton can do with the new Push and I am sure we will see some very neat things soon to help squash Bitwix and the new Akai/Native Instruments offerings. With these new high end advanced controller options now available the race is on.

Just wish I knew how long it will take for them to ship my order.
Plus think of the fortunate inner city kids who are going to have Ableton and Push in front them in music class in high school being trained by someone who understands the software. 14 & 15 year olds. I guarantee some of the biggest producers in the future will be many of these kids who never would never have had this this opportunity if it wasn't for Ableton. Plus Ableton gets a nice tax break. What a brilliant, cool move by these guys to make it easier for their fans to upgrade when ready and help defray the cost without making people do the Ebay route. I never have sold anything on Ebay before. Plus Ableton pays shipping. Do you remember how quickly Akai came out with Advance controller which was I believe was less than a year before releasing their previous flagship controller. People were so pissed off. You can't be upset with Ableton because they continue to to come up with innovations. A new Iphone comes out every year. No one is forced to buy it. This to me anyway, proves Ableton is here for the very long haul which I kinda thought was the case.

And the coolest thing is, unlike you who is an obvious complete, full blown guru because I clicked on your icon and just checked out you website. Great work bro and you are one smart cookie. As I type this I hear this great song come on and I forgot I was playing your music from SoundCloud. "Jester Mcgee Hip op Operative" I really dig the groove and I was right, you have been at this game since 2006. Most likely a few years earlier because that is when the album was released. The point I was making is you are a guru at this for over a decade, and I am a newbie at this for 9 months, only 5 months seriously. I know you are much more interested in much of the deeper functionality. I do not do any sound design and just play my MIDI guitar which happens to also now be my main controller I use 99% of time and control synths like Omnisphere, Trillian, and soon will have Kompltee Ultimate installed because I picked it up during the first crossgrade sale but waited until my 2009 computer was going to be repalced which was yesterday. I ordered the new Imac, 32GB ram, 4.0 processor, one TB SSD drive. Got my new 17 inch 4k monitor today. I don't have a car, live at home, and choose to put my limited disability checks into music. I am one happy person now because depression almost took me out of the game. So I am going all in instead of almost being all out. I am 53 so I have been at this music thing for 38 years. So I ordered Apple computer, studio furniture and Push. I remember you are the cool cat that designed the free Omnisphere and Trillian software for Push and gave it away for free. That's good karma and you are a good soul who was also blessed with a great brain. I may PM once in a while and ask you a stupid simple question because I can not even fanthom how someone could write the code you did, how long that had to take, and than gave it out for free. I almost quit trying to learn Ableton many times because it was just too confusing to earn. I had a bad accident which included a traumatic brain injury and that's the reason I got back into music because docs wanted me to start using my noodle again. I couldn't even spell MIDI 9 months ago. I wrote only one track so far in my life and it's all live meaning everything is played on my midi guitar using Trillian and Omnisphere which you will hear immediately. All percussion was finger drummed on Push and I think I even forgot to quantize. I was just so damn happy I learned how to record from session view into arrangement view, render and upgrade to SoundCloud. That is a miracle. You have no idea what a major accomplishment this was for me.

https://soundcloud.com/bobbyluvchild/freshsocks. Let me know what you think. I appreciate criticism good or bad equally because that's how you grow.

Peace and stay healthy.


FYI..thanks for the software you wrote for Push. I was going to try it one day. But I just thought of something. This may sound like a very stupid question, but would your software still benefit me because plugins can be now be accessed from Push 2? Does this mean that the basic MIDI mapping is done for most common plugins same way Advance does? Never thought about that until now. Do you think Push 2 will have have basic mapping to a soft synths like Trillian? I am sure you know answer. Can you let me no because this way I will experiment with your software on my Push 1 because Ableton was so cool, they give you 14 days so send back Push 1 once you receive Push 2, because they do not want any of us to be without a Push device if we order new one. Ableton is one class act and the two week week policy shows they really get it. The entire Ableton community is just cool, even the people I butt heads with because sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't. That shows how old I am because 75% of the members of this forum will not have read this far into post, and the 25% who did, 75% are probably too young to know where that line came from.
Peace and stay healthy.

BobbyD

Gyu ??
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:30 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by Gyu ?? » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:39 am

I totally agree, I think Ableton are being very cool about this.
Mega free update too.
Do either of you remember what colour the usb cable that came with Push is, is it grey?

Tarekith
Posts: 17598
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:08 am

Black

J0n35y
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by J0n35y » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:37 am

I signed up for the trade in but actually sold my Push within about an hour after the order for £50 more. Being the greedy git I am, I took the private sale.

Have told Ableton who were absolutely fine with this. I just pay the difference when push 2 arrives (hopefully tomorrow).

Thought I'd share if anyone else was in same boat. For the record, I think it is an excellent scheme, I just had already put my Push up for sale over the weekend

EasyWorkflow
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:37 am

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by EasyWorkflow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:03 pm

J0n35y wrote:I signed up for the trade in but actually sold my Push within about an hour after the order for £50 more. Being the greedy git I am, I took the private sale.

Have told Ableton who were absolutely fine with this. I just pay the difference when push 2 arrives (hopefully tomorrow).

Thought I'd share if anyone else was in same boat. For the record, I think it is an excellent scheme, I just had already put my Push up for sale over the weekend
It's win-win-win on this deal. Go watch this video and you will be proud to be part of the Ableton community. https://vimeo.com/144372872

I am going to start a new thread just about this video. Either you get it or not. Most people will.

Gyu ??
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:30 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by Gyu ?? » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Thanks Tarekith :)

pencilrocket
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:43 am

EasyWorkflow wrote:
Plus think of the fortunate inner city kids who are going to have Ableton and Push in front them in music class in high school being trained by someone who understands the software. 14 & 15 year olds. I guarantee some of the biggest producers in the future will be many of these kids who never would never have had this this opportunity if it wasn't for Ableton.
How do they afford hardware that renews every 3 years and software that obsoletes every 2 years? I think I don't get the point of your argument. If they are going to invest such amount of money these people can learn more standalone hardwares/instruments and it brings them more reliable skill and opportunity.

As you can see in vidoes ableton talking about push's concept, it is mainly designed for mass market who are working during the day but also want to enjoy sequencing music casually and conveniently. It doesn't mean it shouldn't be used professionally but that is that.
Image

EasyWorkflow
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:37 am

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by EasyWorkflow » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:15 pm

pencilrocket wrote:
EasyWorkflow wrote:
Plus think of the fortunate inner city kids who are going to have Ableton and Push in front them in music class in high school being trained by someone who understands the software. 14 & 15 year olds. I guarantee some of the biggest producers in the future will be many of these kids who never would never have had this this opportunity if it wasn't for Ableton.
How do they afford hardware that renews every 3 years and software that obsoletes every 2 years? I think I don't get the point of your argument. If they are going to invest such amount of money these people can learn more standalone hardwares/instruments and it brings them more reliable skill and opportunity.

As you can see in vidoes ableton talking about push's concept, it is mainly designed for mass market who are working during the day but also want to enjoy sequencing music casually and conveniently. It doesn't mean it shouldn't be used professionally but that is that.
I agree you don't get the pint of my argument which was never an argument bust just an observation and comment I made which I can be completely wrong. I have absolutely know clue what what part about Ableton donating every single Push One traded in to an inner city school loaded with Ableton software allowing kids 14 years old have a chanced to experience something they would most likely have never have had a chance to experience at this young age or much older. I only see this as a positive because the youngest kids who have talent are going to have a chance to nourish their gift and may very well have a very successful and lucrative career because of this course. Better that hanging outside smoking joints. I still believe the next generation of superstar DJs and producers are going to come from these kids getting turned on to producing at such a young age. That may the only time a young kid has the opportunity to learn a sophisticated piece of professional sofatware and hardeare. Training the brain at a young age is so important and that's why I am a big fan of chess clubs and learning classical guitar or piano at a young age. Ableton was very generous by helping out both musicians who need the $254 credit and students who will now have a chance to develop any hidden musical gifts no one is aware of. I guaranteed some kids will become the very next generation of big producers. What part of this new program you confused? It's most likely me so missing something so please explain in greater detail. I always ask a person who makes a statement like you did for a more detailed explanation. All I am doing is trying to retrain my brain and understand what I missed. I thought this was a simple, smart & generous business plan for a company to understand what I missedd to make you differ. Just remember what Akai just did to their loyal customers who purchased their flagship MPX459 controller months bebore their new Advance Controler was launched. Ablweton even trusts you to send back your old Push withinn 2 weeks of receiving new unit. I do not think there was a hold on my credit card for $254. I am going to check when I wake up. If that is the case and Ableton went on the honor system because anyone could request a new CC card that was lost or slonen, that tells me that Ableton is the classiest MAJOR company you arwe going to come across in this EDM world. And anyone who would take advatnage of a company and do such a thing, meaning not send back the original Push, is a lowlife that will never amount to anythig because there are rules in life aand bad karma and energy is somwething we all must avaoid at all costs. Watch the video if you haven't seen them. . That is called real passion my friend.

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/ableton ... -and-link/

https://www.ableton.com/en/push-trade-in/


Good Night.

BobbyD

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Gyu ?? wrote:I totally agree, I think Ableton are being very cool about this.
Mega free update too.
Do either of you remember what colour the usb cable that came with Push is, is it grey?
just look for the shortest USB cable you own, it's that one.

BoddAH
Posts: 638
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by BoddAH » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:22 pm

H20nly wrote:
Gyu ?? wrote:I totally agree, I think Ableton are being very cool about this.
Mega free update too.
Do either of you remember what colour the usb cable that came with Push is, is it grey?
just look for the shortest USB cable you own, it's that one.
Thanks I found it!

Image

:lol:

Gyu ??
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:30 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by Gyu ?? » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:23 pm

H20nly wrote:
Gyu ?? wrote:I totally agree, I think Ableton are being very cool about this.
Mega free update too.
Do either of you remember what colour the usb cable that came with Push is, is it grey?
just look for the shortest USB cable you own, it's that one.
:lol:

EasyWorkflow
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:37 am

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by EasyWorkflow » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 pm

I just thought of something really stupid. I am only 5 months seriously into Ableton. I have a few controllers because I am taking private lessons from an amazing Ableton certified instructor in TX names Jimmy Alison. He is the real deal and listed on Ableton's site. Anyway, he knows I want to gig as I am a semi pro guitarist and want to use Ableton as my hub. He said a great workflow consisted of using Push in conjunction with APC-40mk 11 and a KMI MIDI pedal. Plus I play MIDI guitar so plenty of controllers.

Just wondering if having two Push's would have been a better setup. What would have been the benefit of that versus Push 2 & APC-40 mk11. WE didn't add that the APC 40 to our training yet because we have been focusing on other areas. NO biggie but thought never entered my mind. Does the APC 40MK11 & Push 2 make more sense. AS soon as my new Imac arrives 4 days and my new studio furniture, I will finally be able to set everthing up.

Anyone wanting to up their game and I do not get paid to do this should check out Jimmy's site and tell him BobbyD sent you. He will hook you up. His rates are like 1/2 to 2/3 lower than any instructors I found online. Keith McMillan's tech guy said he is the best he has ever aseen. Plus he is cool as shit and a real areal decent soul. Take one lesson which he gives dirt cheap like $20 for the hour but watch how much you learn about whatever it may be that was causing you to slow down your progress.

http://www.austinabletontutor.com/ And yes, I will get his opinion to my question from him tomorrow as I have a two hour lesson.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:02 pm

@ BoddAH - I lol'd for real :lol:

Post Reply