Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pencilrocket

Re: Rebate from Ableton for Push 1 owners

Post by pencilrocket » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:25 am

EasyWorkflow wrote: I agree you don't get the pint of my argument which was never an argument bust just an observation and comment I made which I can be completely wrong. I have absolutely know clue what what part about Ableton donating every single Push One traded in to an inner city school loaded with Ableton software allowing kids 14 years old have a chanced to experience something they would most likely have never have had a chance to experience at this young age or much older. I only see this as a positive because the youngest kids who have talent are going to have a chance to nourish their gift and may very well have a very successful and lucrative career because of this course. Better that hanging outside smoking joints. I still believe the next generation of superstar DJs and producers are going to come from these kids getting turned on to producing at such a young age. That may the only time a young kid has the opportunity to learn a sophisticated piece of professional sofatware and hardeare. Training the brain at a young age is so important and that's why I am a big fan of chess clubs and learning classical guitar or piano at a young age. Ableton was very generous by helping out both musicians who need the $254 credit and students who will now have a chance to develop any hidden musical gifts no one is aware of. I guaranteed some kids will become the very next generation of big producers. What part of this new program you confused? It's most likely me so missing something so please explain in greater detail. I always ask a person who makes a statement like you did for a more detailed explanation. All I am doing is trying to retrain my brain and understand what I missed. I thought this was a simple, smart & generous business plan for a company to understand what I missedd to make you differ.
I wrote no negative opinion of education. It's all good. But it costs them too. They, not school but students have to buy things to learn sooner or later. Actually, the software obsoletes every 2 years. Hardware renews every 3 years. That's what I'm talking about. If they are going to spend money on something standalone hardwares/instruments should be better. Those skill are solid. Guitar techniques never obsoletes. Their budget is limited. They can't invest in everything like you and other rich people.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:10 pm

So how do you trade it in? Are there drop off centers? Do you go to a Guitar Center and get an upgrade?

Danny_DJ

Post by Danny_DJ » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:34 pm

AFAIK, only this way:
https://www.ableton.com/de/push-trade-in/

You pay, they send you a Push 2 and within a maximum of 2 weeks after its arrival, you ship them your Push 1.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:15 pm

i know for sure that some stores are also handling the rebate thing directly...

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:22 pm

fishmonkey wrote:i know for sure that some stores are also handling the rebate thing directly...
which ones?

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:17 am

These initiatives always look good on paper and in presentation I hope that the initiative has reach and folks who care enough to see it through. My experience of community initiatives music tech studios and educational charity in the 90's was that studios popped up in London after lottery or council funding had all the latest gear and guys who wanted to wear the studio engineer hat but 0 interest or business sense to keep funders happy or maintain consistent foot fall so after a year or so that new studio would be gone.Or there was the other "inner city" experience where the FE college or small studio would offer in house certification for studio experience but the kit was old and well worn and thinking back pretty uninspiring when compared to what is on offer today. So any1 here bemoaning students not being able to afford the kit that they're learning on I Lol at you because that's always been the case it's just that now at least as a student you'll have more fun along the way 8)

JasonWCowling

Post by JasonWCowling » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 am

Hi everyone - Chiming in briefly. I think the trade-in is excellent. My wife and I host disAbility Awareness month at a Uni every October. I've always wanted to create a "make music" type event, so when I saw the Push opportunity, I immediately applied. If we are able to participate, it will be a very real and tangible benefit to the over 2000 students we have registered with disAbilities. So I wanted to thank all participants and Abe - you are doing a good thing!

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:10 pm

I orderd the trade in on a monday, friday morning it arrived with UPS, later same day, UPS came an collected the Push 1, it couldent be easyer. I dont understand the arguments against the trade in, i know its not cheap, but Push 2 is fantastic, and worth every penny. what would people say if Able dident made the trade in ?

By the way, Push 1 is still a great controller, and even better with the live update.