Arrangement view

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Zaknaffein

Arrangement view

Post by Zaknaffein » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi all

I can't for the life of me work this out or find anything connected with my problem online

I have written various midi sequence loops , eg drum patterns etc but when i go to arrangement view to copy and paste out to make a tune there is nothing there, no clip, no coloured title bar, nothing, the audio samples are there but no midi, you cant hear the midi loop and see it on the meter at the end (right hand side) of the track in arrangement view bit i have nothing to copy and paste, it's just blank as if there's nothing there

help pls

Zak
Last edited by Zaknaffein on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaknaffein

Re: Arrangement view

Post by Zaknaffein » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Example of the problem, mixer view fine with midi showing, arrangement view mpty but meter showing track is playing :/ track 2

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Davo

Post by Davo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:42 am

I think you have misunderstood. What you call "mixer view" is session view. You can have clips in session view but nothing in arrangement view. you can record from session view into arrangement view. Or you can drag clips from session to arrangement. It is fairly well explained in chapter one of the manual.

Zaknaffein

Post by Zaknaffein » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:47 am

Davo - you hero
That was too simple, yeah I'm probably confused because I have been using Pro tools for 5 years or so now, as you said I thought session was a mixer view like protools, just tried what you said and it works perfectly

THANK YOU SO MUCH :mrgreen: