APC 40 MKI Knobs Jitter and Throw is too long after update

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Re: APC 40 MKI Knobs Jitter and Throw is too long after update

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Wbowers wrote:nope problem still present after 9.74 update. This is garbage. makes controller unusable. SUPPORT YOUR PRODUCTS!!! I know you have created the cheaply made MK2 but it sucks and we shouldn't have to buy a whole new controller just because you all refuse to fix issues.
Ableton made the Akai APC 40 MKI? Really? Looks to me like Akai are responsible for updated control scripts, but maybe you're aware of some company level agreement I'm not.

Did you check out the Native Kontrol Arsenal product?
Make some music!

dr.mysterium

Post by dr.mysterium » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Well if Ableton makes an update that breaks a previously functioning liscensed product by Akai, who'd you say is at fault?

Arsenal is cool n all, but it's missin some basic functions and ergonomics to be comparable to replacing a workin Apc or push with dedicated illuminated buttons, knobs and labels.
I am Dr. M. Solo artist, member of 86BiTz, host of the Perfect Glitch Show, & the Live Jam Video Stream. Music on Soundcloud and BandCamp. Jam Archive on Patreon•••• I master audio & produce video of all of the above as Tremendm Labs on YouTube.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:09 am

dr.mysterium wrote:Well if Ableton makes an update that breaks a previously functioning liscensed product by Akai, who'd you say is at fault?
It's always Akai's responsibility to keep their products updated. Why aren't you in contact with Akai?
Make some music!