Hotkey for dragging from session to arrangement not working?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xXUKCXx

Hotkey for dragging from session to arrangement not working?

Post by xXUKCXx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:02 am

I have multiple audio clips in a single track in session view. This track is grouped with several other audio tracks. I am selecting all clips within the track in session view, and dragging them into arrangement view. Live automatically places the clips horizontally one after the other in a single track. I know it's possible to use 'command' hotkey and tell live to place the clips vertically , each in a separate track. When I drag the clips into arrangement while holding the 'command' hotkey the clips simply move a small amount, then back to where they were when I release the key. What's happening? I want to edit these clips in separate tracks.

Any and all help/ pointers/ speculation are welcome.
Last edited by xXUKCXx on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Hotkey for dragging from session to arrangement not working?

Post by [jur] » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:35 pm

It works perfectly fine here...
Which Live version are you using?
Ableton Forum Moderator

xXUKCXx

Post by xXUKCXx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:44 pm

I'm using 9.5. I've seen the technique in a YouTube tutorial, and a Google search yields proof that other people use this hotkey/technique. I actually need the clips to align vertically in ARRANGEMENT view. They are already vertical within a single track in session view. I need to comp these takes in the context of an arrangement, with easy access to the loop brace and auditioning various takes over the same area in the arrangement. This requires that each clip is dropped in a separate track, as tracks are vertical within arrangement view. It should be a very simple fix.

Because789

Post by Because789 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:54 pm

I was able to reproduce this in 9.5:

- open a new Live set
- open Samples folder in the library
- select a couple of samples
- drag them to Arrangement view
- hit control/command before dropping them
--> the samples are arranged vertically

- now drag the samples from the library into an audio track in Session view and drop them
- select them again an drag them to Arrangement view
- hit control/command before dropping them
--> the sample are not arranged vertically, clicking control/command does nothing

The question is, if this is a bug or if there are reasons for not allowing the hot key when moving the samples from Session to Arrangement view.
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

xXUKCXx

Post by xXUKCXx » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:21 am

This is really frustrating. It won't work at all for me. Does anyone know why this might be?

RG2

Post by RG2 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:38 pm

I have the same issue in Live 10. Not sure why, but here is what I used for a work-around:

1) in Session view, select a single clip/track in a scene.
2) click-hold that clip/track, press Tab key and [should] drag to Arrangement view.
3) back in Scene View, select ALL the clips/tracks [entire scene-row]
4) click-hold those clips/tracks, press Tab key and [should now] drag all to Arrangement view.