Sampler -> Simpler

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Soarer

Sampler -> Simpler

Post by Soarer » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:16 pm

When I convert a Sampler to Simpler in drumracks in older projects the display in Simpler says "Multisample Mode" and warp features are not available.
However theres only one sample in the Sampler so how is that fixed?

I was thinking - what is the point of One shot mode? Seem that it is just a configuration of Classic mode..?

thecld

Re: Sampler -> Simpler

Post by thecld » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:23 pm

You've probably edited some parameters in Sampler that aren't available in Simpler, so that's why it says 'Multisample Mode'.

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:35 am

Yeah I thought so too. So is the only option deleting it and opening a new Simpler if one wants a Simpler instead?

chrk

Post by chrk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:03 am

Soarer wrote:I was thinking - what is the point of One shot mode? Seem that it is just a configuration of Classic mode..?
Look that up in 24.8.1 Playback Modes
Soarer wrote:Yeah I thought so too. So is the only option deleting it and opening a new Simpler if one wants a Simpler instead?
I'm quite sure, there was a way back from multisample mode... Try this: swap the sample and reassign it to the Simpler again. - I have never tried with the new Simpler design, and can't right now.

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:33 am

chrk wrote: Look that up in 24.8.1 Playback Modes
I did and it still seems that this is just turning almost all features of classic mode off, so I don't see the point...
chrk wrote: I'm quite sure, there was a way back from multisample mode... Try this: swap the sample and reassign it to the Simpler again. - I have never tried with the new Simpler design, and can't right now.
Thanks, I'll try.

chrk

Post by chrk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:50 am

Soarer wrote:I did and it still seems that this is just turning almost all features of classic mode off, so I don't see the point...
I haven't been able to spend a lot of time since the upgrade, but so far I see this:
This mode has simplified envelope controls and does not support looping. By default, the entire sample will play back when a note is triggered, regardless of how long the note is held.
... in trigger mode as the primary feature of the one-shot mode. You will be able to play longer samples all the way throu with just a touch of a key, the 'old' Simpler had a classic ADSR envelope with a maximal release time of 60 secs.

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:56 am

Ah that's it then! Thanks.