Track Change audio artifacts

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
jg303

Track Change audio artifacts

Post by jg303 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Hey,

Just started using 9.5 and ran across an issue with changing tracks. I'll have a drum rack loaded with one instance of simpler, a kick drum loaded and a pattern sequenced. So... when I deselect the track with the drum rack and then select back to it, there will be an audio clipping sound, kind of sounds like there is some jitter going on. I have changed my buffer rate, sample rate, blah blah blah but that doesn't have anything to do with it. One thing I have noticed is that it is more present when I change the tracks with push 2. So, I changed the monitor from auto to off and in, and that seems to stop it, but of course push 2 wont work. Any one else having this issue?

I have changed USB cables and ports and that had no change, no other controllers plugged in.

Thanks!

OSX 10.9.5
3.33 GHz 6 core
48 gb Memory

Razz CE

Re: Track Change audio artifacts

Post by Razz CE » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:42 pm

This happens to me sometimes. Do you have "Reduced latency when monitoring" enabled? I think that may have something to do with it in my case. Sometimes when I switch tracks, particularly while using the Push, Live just needs a fraction of a second to 'catch up'.

I find that this is actually less common with Push 2 as opposed to the original
Win 10 x64/16GB/i7 6700k
Live 9 Suite/Cubase Pro 9.5
Audient iD4/Push 2/Steinberg CMC-CH/Launchkey 25

jg303

Re: Track Change audio artifacts

Post by jg303 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:27 am

Yeap, that was the problem. I disabled it and works perfectly. Thanks a bunch!