Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
XSIMan
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: England

Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by XSIMan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Soundtoys are giving away Little Alterboy again, limited time. http://www.soundtoys.com/product/little-alterboy/ only requires ilok manager no dongle required.
Having Little Alterboy in your Soundtoys account will knock off the cost of the Soundtroys 5 bundle.

Machinesworking
Posts: 11081
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Bumping this, recently picked up the Soundtoys bundle, amazing sounding FX, just ridiculously great.

mrgrim3
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:04 am

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by mrgrim3 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:19 pm

waves trueverb is also free right now but its not as cool as soundtoys little alterboy imo

jestermgee
Posts: 3200
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by jestermgee » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:38 am

Nice, Snagged!


Says I can upgrade to Soundtoys 5 for $429 (instead of $499)... Or I can take advantage of the full price less current black friday discount for $299 :?

What are some standout effects? I am not really familiar with Soundtoys but hear their name quite a bit.

Machinesworking
Posts: 11081
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:28 am

jestermgee wrote:Nice, Snagged!


Says I can upgrade to Soundtoys 5 for $429 (instead of $499)... Or I can take advantage of the full price less current black friday discount for $299 :?

What are some standout effects? I am not really familiar with Soundtoys but hear their name quite a bit.
I'm very new too the bundle so don't take this as 100% accurate, but right away Decapitor, Crystalizer, Radiator....
Honestly they're all good. EchoBoy, Microshift etc.

The only downside to Soundtoys is the GUI, clunky, but to me anyway that's not a big deal, just MIDI assign the controls to a controller and go.

sporkles
Posts: 3188
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Schmocation

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by sporkles » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:31 pm

mrgrim3 wrote:waves trueverb is also free right now but its not as cool as soundtoys little alterboy imo
Waves sent me a reminder that I never activated my copy of their last Black Friday giveaway - OneKnob Pumper. I thought, OK, I'll go ahead and do that. Then I was reminded of their proprietary activation system and instantly understood why I didn't complete the activation in the first place.

I did eventually get around to activating Little Alter Boy, though (I dropped it the last time they offered it for free, because I didn't want to create an iLok account, but I recently bought some AIR synths which required an iLok account, so this time I had one). It took like five attempts, though, before I realised that username does not equal e-mail address (I had been logged out from my iLok). Logging in via username seems really archaic nowadays.

cmreal04
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:27 am

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by cmreal04 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Just an FYI:

Korg has their Korg Legacy plugins for 50% off or $24.50 each.

If you already own their M1 le plugin, you can get the whole bundle for $50 bucks.

The offers good til Dec 28th.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

mrgrim3
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:04 am

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by mrgrim3 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:25 pm

sporkles wrote:
mrgrim3 wrote:waves trueverb is also free right now but its not as cool as soundtoys little alterboy imo
Waves sent me a reminder that I never activated my copy of their last Black Friday giveaway - OneKnob Pumper. I thought, OK, I'll go ahead and do that. Then I was reminded of their proprietary activation system and instantly understood why I didn't complete the activation in the first place.

I did eventually get around to activating Little Alter Boy, though (I dropped it the last time they offered it for free, because I didn't want to create an iLok account, but I recently bought some AIR synths which required an iLok account, so this time I had one). It took like five attempts, though, before I realised that username does not equal e-mail address (I had been logged out from my iLok). Logging in via username seems really archaic nowadays.
yea logging into their protection services is annoying to me too for me I didn't be smart and use the same email/username so I have to guess and get wrong a bunch of times before I even get in or I need to pw recover

kompletemail
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:51 am

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by kompletemail » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:30 am

thats great isn't it you pay double a couple months earlier and then all the sudden companies start giving their s**t away.
just bought the Korg bundle a couple months ago after holding out all year.

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:21 am

sporkles wrote:
mrgrim3 wrote:waves trueverb is also free right now but its not as cool as soundtoys little alterboy imo
Waves sent me a reminder that I never activated my copy of their last Black Friday giveaway - OneKnob Pumper. I thought, OK, I'll go ahead and do that. Then I was reminded of their proprietary activation system and instantly understood why I didn't complete the activation in the first place.
.
As they used to be iLok the new system is much improved and dead easy to use. You hate installers too? How is this any different? Takes me less than 30 seconds to move my license to the machine I'm working on, if it's not mine.

I gave iLok a new chance as that is installed already with Max and Little Altarboy looked interesting enough. Sonnox, that requires an iLok 2 hardware dongle, was bid goodbye. They may be great, but I can't be bothered with those things as it's 2015, not 2000.
Make some music!

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Soundtoys free Giveaway. Little Alterboy

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:26 am

mrgrim3 wrote:
yea logging into their protection services is annoying to me too for me I didn't be smart and use the same email/username so I have to guess and get wrong a bunch of times before I even get in or I need to pw recover
OS X Keychain, 1Password or Last Pass makes password issues like that a thing of the past. Even if the app isn't supported directly getting the password when you're logged in already in your browser takes a few seconds and a few more if you're not.
Make some music!

Post Reply