Installation of WAVES Gold Bundle plugins - small problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tekhed66

Installation of WAVES Gold Bundle plugins - small problem

Post by Tekhed66 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:50 am

Hi all

Just a quick question for those of you who are using the Waves Gold bundle plugins with Live. I have a silly question regarding installation of the various components as I don't think they have installed correctly or they may have installed in the wrong place.

Installation of the bundle was via the Easy Install and Activate menu on the Waves Central page... the software downloaded OK but I wasn't given a choice as to where the plugins were finally installed. As it was, the Waves plugin folder automatically installed in the C: drive Program Files (x86) directory. It contained 5 folders: Applications, Data, Plug-Ins V9, ReWire and Waveshells V9. The Plug-Ins folder contained 35 bundles plus associated documents eg Audio Track bundle, C1 bundle, C4 bundle, DeEsser bundle etc.

Unfortunately, my VST plugin folder for Live is on a separate drive (M: drive) and Live will scan that nominated M: drive folder on startup - not the Wave folder in the C: drive.

I couldn't work out a way to get Live to see the Wave folder so in frustration, I copied the entire Wave folder containing the above mentioned 5 folders from the C: drive and simply pasted it into the Ableton VST folder located on the M: drive.

All of the VST Wave plugins now appear in Live and as far as I have tested, they all are working correctly including the various preset library settings.

The problem is that I now see 120 separate VSTs listed inside the Live plugin Wave folder and many appear to be variations of the same plugin eg. C4 mono vst, C4 stereo vst... Doubler2 Mono vst, Doubler2 Mono vst/Stereo vst, Doubler2 stereo vst ... Q1 Mono vst, Q1 Stereo vst ... Q2 Mono vst, Q2 Stereo vst and so on. All of these VSTs are located in the following folder hierarchy in the Ableton plugin menu: Waves / WaveShells V9 / WaveShell-VST 9.6 / vst XXX

Can you please tell me what I have done wrong or how I can re-install the plugins to the Live M: drive VST folder? Should I be seeing so many VSTs just lumped together or should they appear in their own separate bundle folder?

many thanks for your help.

ps - I'm using Live 9.2.3

mrgrim3

Re: Installation of WAVES Gold Bundle plugins - small problem

Post by mrgrim3 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:34 am

I think that's just how it is native instruments will do the same thing like with different options for kontakt and such

I have trueverb waves also and it is waveshell.dll is a folder with 3 different trueverbs mono trueverb stero and trueverb mono/stereo

granted

Post by granted » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:03 pm

The only file you need in your M:VST folder is WaveShell-VST 9.6.dll. You may want to put this file in a folder M:\vst\waves\WaveShell-VST 9.6.dll.
That's all you have to do.
The listing of all of those plugins for the Gold Series is normal. There is no way that I know of to group the Waves plugins differently in Live.

Tekhed66

Post by Tekhed66 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:27 am

granted wrote:The only file you need in your M:VST folder is WaveShell-VST 9.6.dll. You may want to put this file in a folder M:\vst\waves\WaveShell-VST 9.6.dll.
That's all you have to do.
The listing of all of those plugins for the Gold Series is normal. There is no way that I know of to group the Waves plugins differently in Live.
Hi Granted

Thanks for the heads-up ... I had no idea what this waveshell was for. I've been awya but now that I'm back I'll re-configure the VST folder and see how it goes.

cheers