Question about connecting a Virus ti2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
D3VOUR

Question about connecting a Virus ti2

Post by D3VOUR » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Just bought a used ti2. I hooked the midi up and everything works awesome.

However, I want to hook it up via the L & R outputs now. I have an Apogee Quartet and my plan is to send the L output to input 1 and R output to input 2. Is this the best way to do it? If so, once in Live how should I go about setting up my tracks? Should I make a Virus (Left) audio track and a Virus (Right) audio track and proceed to route the inputs to channel 1 and 2 respectively?

Or is there an easier way to just get everything onto one stereo audio track in Live?

Any input is super appreciated! Thanks!

ejlif

Re: Question about connecting a Virus ti2

Post by ejlif » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Just create a blank MIDI track and select external instrument from the instruments list. It will give you an option for what MIDI channel and also what audio route for that channel, if the Virus is MIDI via USB you should see Virus TI on the list. You need to set in audio preferences in Live 9 for your interface to have inputs 1 and 2 enabled then they should show as available and if your Virus is hooked up it should work. Make sure you have your monitor set to auto on the channel strip in Live 9 and the record button enabled and you should be getting sound?