External Instrument

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Byxx

External Instrument

Post by Byxx » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Is it possible to switch an external instrument to mono as I hear my bongos only on left side.
There is no choice of mono inputs from my instrument. They are paired all the way !-2, 3-4, etc.

THX
ALS 10 on WIN10

Evengy

Re: External Instrument

Post by Evengy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:39 pm

You can switch the audio channels to mono in your preferences -> audio -> channel configuration (output/input).
And maybe you can use the "Utility" and set the width to 0% or use the mono preset. But i think it´s more for the situation when you wanna reduce a full stereo channel to mono.

Tell me if it solve your problem :)

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:21 pm

LTM wrote:Is it possible to switch an external instrument to mono as I hear my bongos only on left side.
There is no choice of mono inputs from my instrument. They are paired all the way !-2, 3-4, etc.

THX
Are you talking about a mic'd set of bongos? Or an electronic instrument you're controlling with MIDI that is playing a bongo sound?
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

Byxx

Post by Byxx » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Richie Witch wrote:
LTM wrote:Is it possible to switch an external instrument to mono as I hear my bongos only on left side.

THX
Are you talking about a mic'd set of bongos? Or an electronic instrument you're controlling with MIDI that is playing a bongo sound?
Its a multi Instrument setup for 16 Audiochannels. These are set to stereo in Live. I´d wish to have some of them in mono, not all....

THX
ALS 10 on WIN10

Byxx

Post by Byxx » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Evengy wrote:You can switch the audio channels to mono in your preferences -> audio -> channel configuration (output/input).
And maybe you can use the "Utility" and set the width to 0% or use the mono preset. But i think it´s more for the situation when you wanna reduce a full stereo channel to mono.

Tell me if it solve your problem :)
THX will check that out...
ALS 10 on WIN10