If I have around £400 to spend on VST's/Plugins....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FrancoBlanko

Re: If I have around £400 to spend on VST's/Plugins....

Post by FrancoBlanko » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:56 pm

You're my wife now, Dave.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:56 am

Papalazarou, from the information you gave and the fact you already have Suite I would say getting things Suite doesn't do well would be the best method.

Diva- best software analog sounding synth out there.

Sound Toys 5- suite of FX made by the guys behind Eventide etc. mind blowingly good.

With those two and Suite you're covered. It gives you a chance to learn the instruments in Suite and both sound really fantastic.

sana48

Post by sana48 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:00 am

Machinesworking wrote:
Diva- best software analog sounding synth out there.
this...

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:19 pm

FrancoBlanko wrote:You're my wife now, Dave.

'Ello, Dave.

Off topic, but your quote just killed me. What a strange and fascinating show that was.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:20 pm

sana48 wrote:Sounds cliche but Omnisphere is an amazing vst. I looked at exhale briefly then realized that Omnisphere can do all of what exhale can do times 1000. The vocal samples alone in Omnisphere has Exhale beat by a ton..

Omnisphere for the win.
Have you actually tried Exhale? Or are you just one of those that watched a youtube video. /shrug

I actually own Exhale and love it! It's an amazing synth for the money. Output makes some very high quality Synths. Signal is next on my list.

Omnisphere is fanatstic, but a different beast and in a different price range too. I personally hate Omnisphere because of it's bloat. Quantity over quality. It has so many sounds you'll never use, you'll have to dig through to find that sound you want.

I rather take quality over quantity, but that's my opinion. A synth that is good at one thing and does it extremely well.

For the same price as Omnisphere 2 you could for example buy the complete bundle from Output that contains all their Synths and expansions.

In the end it's all about personal preferences and taste, in what kind of sounds you looking for.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Just thought I'd add some more options to this thread in case anyone is still looking...

I totally agree with Guillermo. I recently had the opportunity to purchase Output's Exhale, Rev and Signal. OMG.

Exhale: Mind-blowing cool if you're into mangling vocals. This is very much a synthesizer that uses a huge library of vocal samples as the source. You're not really going to get an emulation of "traditional" vocals and choirs here - more of a really unique library of usable pads, sounds and craziness. It's absolutely beautiful and expressive. While the presets are awesome, the real fun to be had is diving into the synth and making your own sounds. Probably the most unique synth I've used, and one that I get really excited about.

I need to use Signal and Rev more, but from my limited use of them this week, I can say that they too sound great.

jpga

Post by jpga » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Omnisphere 2 and you have all you need.