can it really be so diffcult to get into the midi editor?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
morerecords

can it really be so diffcult to get into the midi editor?

Post by morerecords » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi,
Is there no better way to immediately zoom into notes when I select a midi clip for editing,that the clip, once double-clicked, occupies all of the screen...

but it seems there is no preference for this. But, to go to a point where you can actually start moving around notes in a clip is a lot of clicking,sizing, and re-sizing.

I have every other painstaking command pre-programmed to my mouse, follow song, copy/paste, command-option-L, etc etc....Is there no method of opening a midi clip for editing that it will immediately occupy the entire screen and also focus on the notes?

thanks

jlgrimes

Re: can it really be so diffcult to get into the midi editor?

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:31 pm

morerecords wrote:Hi,
Is there no better way to immediately zoom into notes when I select a midi clip for editing,that the clip, once double-clicked, occupies all of the screen...

but it seems there is no preference for this. But, to go to a point where you can actually start moving around notes in a clip is a lot of clicking,sizing, and re-sizing.

I have every other painstaking command pre-programmed to my mouse, follow song, copy/paste, command-option-L, etc etc....Is there no method of opening a midi clip for editing that it will immediately occupy the entire screen and also focus on the notes?

thanks

The closest thing Ableton has to this is the fold button in the midi editor. It hides all unused note lanes and only shows the active ones. I don't know how easy it is to bind this to a key though and I'm not sure of its zooming rules.